Fg F6 Mods Thread...

Chaos310

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 24d

Hi all,

Long time lurker, I have decided to post up my up and coming build.

As it sits, my ute is pretty much stock, just a K and N air filter I got from amazon . com for around $63 shipped to perth and a whiteline swaybar at the front. There is also an intake muffler delete in the engine bay and that's about it right now...

Plans as it sits now:

I have a MANTA 4" to twin 3" system ready to go on

a set of Injector Dynamics 1000cc squirters

lower temp thermostat

herrod intake piping (which may be up for sale... NEW, just opened to look at)

to acquire:

intercooler and piping kit... (was thinking stage 2 process west kit... thoughts, comments welcome)

turbo wastegate modding.. spoke to a great company that will mod the turbo when I pull it off, half a day to perform the work and a very

reasonable price

surge tank and pump set up.. ( ideas on breed welcome )

11.8psi actuator

anything else I have missed???

Ultimately I am only looking for 500rwhp

Cheers

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 1d

Looks like you're on the right track mate. You'll make 500HP easy with those mods.

With the surge tank, just grab a process west one or who ever else makes them.

• Member For: 11y 5m

Sounds good but maybe think about a cold air box instead of the stock setup with the k&n filter,it was the 1st mod I made and I found a huge difference between the two,the one I used was a process west street airbox

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Sounds good but maybe think about a cold air box instead of the stock setup with the k&n filter,it was the 1st mod I made and I found a huge difference between the two,the one I used was a process west street airbox

I was thinking about it, however I have a mate with the same fg f6 ute as me and he runs the stock intake with the muffler, a KnN and a relieved lower half airbox and makes 523hp (wheels, with other mods under the bonnet) so it'll suffice for now. I was contemplating a PW intake kit/box, but I dont believe its money I need to spend right now.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Very true the air intake will be fine

U will have to port the turbo

Yeah, I will be having the turbo relieved on the wastegate. I have been speaking with a company that previously did all our turbos from work, everything from tiny units to massive suckers off mining equipment. The first thing I said to him was "I have an XR6 Turbo.." and he said straight off the bat, "yep no worries, 38mm flapper, port the housing, cut in a flow path, face off the mount flange for a better seal, bead blast to blend it all together, rebuild, no worries at all mate, when do you want to drop it off?".... less than $500 here in perth!

I will take photos before and after and if I am able to sit in on the machining work, photos of that too.

If we had a Milling machine at work, I'd probably just do it myself, but alas, the machine shop was removed when we were bought out last year by a bigger company.... BUGGER..

Anyway, I'll post up pics and measurements of what gets done.. It probably wont be until the new year now though.

Cheers

• Like 1