Centrelink It Up!

Mrs Jeturbo

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Yup... poor deros and their campaign free ciggies...

I don't have anything against smokers... but if ya can't buy food don't buy smokes unstead u dumb arse...

Freakn amazin... out new house is in a prime investment area... which will be great in12 months when ee move out... until then everyone who lives here thus far seems to be on the doll... bloody ass but lovers...

Hey can't they park they're Late model camira up the drive way instead of on bricks in the street... brand new area making it look like housos

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 7m 9d

What makes me angry, if there wasnt so many bludgers I wouldn't pay so much tax, and the miss's would let me spend more money on my car, so in short f*ck you centre-scums (bar legit, injured disabled single mothers who have no choice) but those like ones from school who have never had a job and hold a job for 2 weeks call in sick 4 days of that period to get fired, eat a dick! I want moar pooowaar!!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 26d

I heard on the radio today that they are trying to get them more money... Apparently once they have paid their rent, food and bills, the poor kents don't have much change left...

WTF!!!??? You want change? Get a fvcking job... I earn $1100 a week and don't have change left, are they gonna UP my pay a week??? NO!!!

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

totally agree.. $35 a day they rekon doll bludgers get paid...

that enough for a $3.50 bus ticket to a job interview and food. don't buy kfc every meal and u wont have a problem! eat an apple and get a job! !!

• Member For: 19y 4m 6d

As llong ad u pay some tax on a job then I don't see a problem with it on the weekend's etc... but if your claiming the doll at the sane time... GTFO

You can earn up to 7k a year doing cashies etc while on the dole

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d

Me and my partner both work and put our child into daycare. I pay the daycare fees which are 180 a fortnight for 8 days in there.

She works part time, hence why only 8 days in daycare not 10 so she spends time with our kid on her day off.

Her centrelink payments are basically nil since we're both working, I'm on roughly 55-60k, shes on 40k. I think we actually owed centrelink money last year because they paid her too much.. (of nothing)

When we split up, her payments went up drastically. She was getting $800 a fortnight, on top of her 40k a year job she already had. We had just moved into a new place which was $430 a week so her centrelink payment pretty much paid the rent and the rest of her money was hers. Worked out better for her in the end, she was earning more than me a year since she was on 40k from her job plus just under 21k from CL.

We're back together now (as of like, 2 days ago) but not living together for a few months, so until we are, she can still claim for single parenting payment (we split custody 3 days to me, 4 days to her so she gets it).

When we had our kid, she went back to work 3 months later. Once the Parenting Payment finished, she was straight back in at work. She says it's far too boring at home doing nothing, plus she still wants to develop her career. The 3 months prior to and 3 months after giving birth she was studying while taking care of the youngen.

I have friends who live solely off CL and have for about 3 years now. They spend far more than I do and do it comfortably. One was on a compo payment so that was different to CL but he was on it for 5 years. Now that it's finished and he got bugger all payout, he's moved over to CL which pays for his weed that he smokes all day while playing every computer game known to man. This is after he has awoken at 3pm because he was up all night on the Mother Energy drinks that he bought the day before with his KFC bucket.

The other is his fiance which has had 2 kids with him, and is now finally going back to work because since the compo payments have stopped, only one of them can claim CL and after living it up with massive payments each week, they have finally realised they can't live their dream lives anymore. They need a solid income coming in. His injury prevents him from working but its more a mindset thing. And now that he's started on weed he's even less motivated (apparently it was the only thing that could reduce his pain - he suffers from some random chronic pain syndrome thing which is technically a disability so hes trying to get a disability payment too)

Frusterating as all hell.