Difference Between Bf And Ba

Jim_YU UPSET

• Member For: 11y 2m 16d

Gday I just got on my open licence and am looking to buy my first turbocharged car. The ba and bf xr6t are in my price range and Ive heard offa few ppeople that the ba has a needle bearing turbo which are supposably crap but I can't find any info on the net. Any help would be much appreciated, cheers guys

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 11m 7d

Other than a few extra / thicker joints / bolts on the BF IRS, the other obvious update is the rear hyme bush, measuring 40 mm, 3 on each side of the rear wheels that adjusts the blade control. The BF ones sits noticebly lower than the BA ones too.
I believe there could be minor change to the stiffness on the front/rear control arms on the BF?? Maybe someone can elaborate on that one.
It's not just about horsepower and size of the turbo, it's the balance of the car, VE Clubsport is a good example.

• 1 year later...
  • Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d

Regardless of the model, replacing valve springs is a good idea for reliability. Even though the MK2s came with better springs compared to BA they are still factory and not designed for increased boost on a regular basis.

Even FGs have been shown to see improvements with uprated valve springs so I'd budget them in at some point.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 8m 7d

Thanks Senna_T, it was something I was still planning on doing, it just sucks that the valve springs are $300 and the labour twice that =P

Thanks

Edited by PyRo

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 5d

Plus they get old and soft, regardless of make.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...