Difference Between Bf And Ba

Jim_YU UPSET

• Member For: 17y 8m 11d

Did all the BF turbo models come with the 6speed auto? Very early model non-turbos had the 4sp standard with the 6sp as an option. After driving a 4sp auto BF XR6 for 5 years and then moving into an FG turbo with the ZF, I realised what I was missing out on the whole time.

• Special needs member.
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 22d

Yeah mines an 05 BF1 xr6 and it has the ZF.

Edited by BigAl's04

• Member For: 12y 2m 27d

I'd get the best you think you can afford.

Sounds like you're getting manual, in which case I would rule out the 5 speed. The 6 speed manual is an awesome gearbox. As mentioned the auto's are faster if you're chasing 1/4 mile times.

BF has 5kw more also 30nm of torque, duel vct and a few other minor changes. As mentioned 06/06 onwards has the GAS/FPV Rods, which are handy if you're chasing power levels over about 330-350rwkw (safely), and also definitely after then they had stronger valve springs, and maybe early (which on a BA it's a guessing game when you'll need them replaced).

My opinion would be that if money is a factor and you're not chasing huge power, buy a BA MkII and with the money saved do a few modifications. However obviously, a BF with same k's and mods will be better again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 2m 27d

BA looks better, BF front bar looks sh*t. So buy a bf install ba front bar, then u get a win, win. :)

That's odd, I'd do the opposite. If I ever have to replace my front bar I'd get a BF one.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

all xr6ts and fpvs had the zf I think...

Hell no.

BA's have the BTR 4 speed box, which is what all the big high stalls exist for and they can be built really strong without much secret squirrel action. BF's get the ZF 6 speed auto which is more complex and mods like high stalls have been slower to come out but are there now I think?

BF's get a second knock sensor, VCT on the exhaust valves as well as intake leading to higher stock power and torque. Most get better valve springs and conrods (the 06/06 build date thing). Some BF's get steel ZF pan from factory, some don't (like mine, May 2007).

That's all I can remember right now.

• Like 1