Ford 2000 Cougar

GOLDIE

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2d

Hi all some here know me from way back and the car goldie that was a bit of a project hahahahah.

Well we have decided to do a new car. we both liked the 2000 model ford cougar.

Its is a front wheel drive 2.5 litre v6. we got it cheap.

Its black and has the sun roof opition.

When we got it home it was in the garage for only 2 hours before the rebiuld and refit started.

I completely stripped it and I mean everthing was pulled out of the car.

The shell was sent to the panel beater spray painter. this is where the fun started, at some stage it had been in a crash or 3 and instead of pulling panels out or replacing them they just filled them with bog. infact in spots 30 mil of bog. Due to it being hard to get panels here we decided to panel beat these out. to say I am happy is an understatement he has done a great job there is only a little bit of bog in the sill panels about 1 mil thick. This week it should be back all painted in black with red in the clear to show a different hue at different angles.

While that was bearing done I have rebiult the motor and of cause covers on it have been color coded to the body. I have also agiurewd many upgrade parts for the usa and europe for it. including braided brake hoses, coil over springs and sleaves for the shocks.

To go with that will be new head lining.

The motor is biult for low boost turbo;s twin infact but they will not be put on for a little as this is a major operation,only been done once that I can find and parts have to be made for these not off the shelf.

the interior will not be standard at all.

Gone will be the head unit replaced with a 7 inch touch screen controlling the sound system computer set up.

This will drive to high powerd amps and one small amp. these will drive 2 x 12 inch subs, 2 x 8 inch mids, 4 x 6inch component speakers and 2 x by voice channel speakers.

Add to that lighting and misc parts and things its going to be a major rebiuld.

I will add pics as I go

post-952-0-98242900-1354610374_thumb.jpg

this is the car as we got it

post-952-0-01211300-1354610477_thumb.jpg

this is the inside of the motor I would say no oil change for a few years.

post-952-0-02629900-1354610810_thumb.jpg

testing sound system on the kitchen table

post-952-0-35690600-1354610592_thumb.jpg

post-952-0-47993600-1354610614_thumb.jpg

post-952-0-41544800-1354610636_thumb.jpg

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 24d

Sounds awesome mate!! My old man had a 2000 cougar in electric blue.. Leather, heated seats.. Lots of gadgets! Wasn't a bad car till you sat in the backseat and someone closed the hatch.

• 2 weeks later...