5 Speed Gearbox Removal

Whisler70

• Member For: 11y 3m 25d

Alright ill just have to try tilt my engine more and hopefully it will slide back on haha thanks heaps :) ill let yous know how I go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 25d

got everything back in sweet, tried to just tilt the motor but wouldnt move much from where we already had it. ended up just loosening the engine mounts and the motor tilted heaps and the box slid straight in. Now everything is in the new clutch engages only a couple cm off the floor where the old one engaged nearly right at the end of the stroke, is it ment to be like that? same clutch and everything and I have blead it up as much as I can but yer just need someone to tell me if that's how its ment to be or not so I dont drive it and f*ck it.

cheers

• Member For: 16y 4m 28d

I've had my gearbox out a few times and had the same clutch scenario as you, it took a bit of a drive to get it back to normal. It was also hard to change gears.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 9m 4d

They are a little tricky to remove. When we refit them we cut off a little part that sticks out on the starter pocket. It serves no purpose, so can be cut without a problem. When I get back to work I'll take a picture and show what I mean.