Rota Grids (+25 Front)

webby324

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 27d

Bit of an update. Took them back to wheel tech and they tried to put them on. Funnily enough they didn't fit which the guy was pretty surprised at.

Anyways, we think it may be a completely different offset to what it had on it. So there are 2 more on their way down and the guy fron Rota has had the ones he's sending on a few XR6T's, F6's.

Hopefully they'll be ready on friday and hopefully these ones fit .

• Donating Members

Yeh will when I know anything. Taking along time for these bloody things to arrive !!

Edited by webby324

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

The rota distributor was extremely hard to deal with, and no fault to the vic distributor but I was sick of waiting so have returned those and purchased some koya wheels (19").

They will hopefully arrive before xmas and be promptly fitted with some brembo 6 pots on their arrival. Will be picking up the brembos with some in house pads on friday arvo and hopefully fitting them fri night if the wheels have arrived :).

• Member For: 11y 3m 13d

Hi I used to sell wheels and got out of it for a few years now. Recently I bought some Rotas (18x9.5 and 18x11)

I had that problem on my mustang when I went with rotas as well. Rota Dealer in NZ explained his wheels come in different blocks off offsets and he can order them machined down to achieve a offset. So they take something that is a Zero offset and they shave the back off until they get to +25. As well u can get a wheel that's a +20 and they shave it down to get a +45. That reduces the amount of castings they produce. So you might have had a different block that was machined alot and then the centercap stick out (like in my mustang)

When you look at thoes mass produced wheels they have a huge block of material where the face hits the wheel, they shave that down to get a specific offset.

Was a pain in the ass because I had to grind down some of the axle hub on my mustang to get them to sit flush. There was no more material left over to machine.

If I had the money I would have put CCW's or HRE's or Simmon's as they are made to order. As always you get what you pay for.

• Donating Members

that's very interesting. Yeh it seems there was definately something a bit different going on there.

Either way, I wanted to go new ones which are now all ready to pick up and looking good. So looking forward to putting those on :).