Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

So guys the day has come, I purchased a 2011 XR6 FG Turbo at a price of $33000. It was a dealer demo and I am the first private owner. Comes with 6 months rego with 6000kms on the clock and has full leather interior. It is absolutely imaculate in and out. Also comes with 3 years factory warranty plus another 3 years extended warranty.

Not the $30 000 car that I originally planned for, but I think I got a good deal.

• Like 2
  • Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do you mean  

Car looks much nicer and its newer too, a proper BF2. It’s obviously had the car yard spruce up, but having a look at that bay shows it hasn’t been molested, all inlet plumbing hose clamps match

As you said "but not to out of control either" If you find a manual BA MK2 with a T56 gearbox and low km's, dont rule it out. 300-330 rwkw's is still a very exciting seat of ya pants rush. As long as

Posted Images

Def hasn't been registered through the dealer?

Took a look at my extended 3 year warranty expiry date, it expires on the 31/1/18. Meaning my factory warranty ends 31/1/15 which is about 2 years and a month left of it

Oh yeah cool cool.

The dealer I bought mine from failed to tell me the car was already registered til I got the paperwork, therefore 12 months wasted, I've only got the factory warranty til Oct 2014.

What was the extended worth?

True I Lunched a 5 Speed In No Time Now Running 6 Speed ( Manual Of Corse ) & am Very Happy, Standard Type Clutch ( Even When New )Only Holds Around 300rwkw I Know Cause I'm There ( Spool Rebuild Coming Up ASAP ) If I Had My Time Again Would Have Bought BF MK2, In Long Run Would Have Been Cheaper ( Stronger Engine / 6 Speed ) Can Handle More Boost = More rwkw Ps Love Tail Happy Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way! :3gears: :3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Oh yeah cool cool.

The dealer I bought mine from failed to tell me the car was already registered til I got the paperwork, therefore 12 months wasted, I've only got the factory warranty til Oct 2014.

What was the extended worth?

Extra 3 years (36 months) thrown in for free. Must service with the dealer I purchased from for it to be valid

hi guys

the dealers have found a 2012 limited edition fg mkII xr6 turbo ute in auto and kinetic blue with 10000 kms on it, ill be paying 37,150 after everything and im wondering if that's too much or if its ok

I only ask because people who don't know much about these cars are saying im paying too much money

cheers guys

I got my ex Ford car- not actually ademo but driven by an executive. About 3 months ago, 13,000 KM for 30K. Hadnt been registered a whole year.

I would imagine you could find what you want for 33k without too much hassle

there are currently six listed on carsales.com.au, maybe jump on the phone monday and chat to a couple of dealers. With the kays you mention, the demo seems a little on the high side money wise.

good luck!

Pete

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Henz" data-cid="1344948" data-time="1357374475"><p>

But with taxi km's.</p></blockquote>

Kms weren't that bad when bought...

More than an average year but we didn't care about that....

Point is the guys paying too much

Weird, that one on carsales Pazzo isnt an LE, doesnt have the 19s or piano black trim inserts

but still agree that's too much for that many ks......they didnt get delivered til around September, must have been getting there lunch in it everyday

am I getting a little ripped off or really ripped off? only for the fact that im sick of car hunting, its been nearly 2 months now

also how many K's would you say its safe to get to before modding

cheers

if your happy with the price then your not getting ripped off.

there are certainly cheaper cars out there its just a matter of finding them.

Edited by The Outsider

Has the market for these really tanked in the last 2 years or what!!? 2 years ago I was looking for about 3 months (3 ready to buy but had been watching about 3 before that too) at second hand and everything was $35-$40,000 around the 1 yr old to ex demo mark. At the time I got an auto fg with parking sensors and premium sound 15k kms for $36,500 and I'd worked them down about 2 grand. That was a really good buy at the time! My budget was originally low 30s but they had too many kms and were older than what I wanted so I had to stretch it out. About the 40k mark there was overlap with ex demo and second hand. I should note I was buying through dealers ONLY as I was getting a lease so saved gst, private sale meant no gst to save and the private market was was still more than when I took my gst saving into account.