Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 3y 11m 5d

Hey there gents I’ve finally got all my points back and got abit of cash saved to buy a bigger car than my current Ute so I’m opting for a XR6T looking more towards a ba or bf than an Fg I’m looking for as little ks as possible I found a 2003 model that looks very very clean with no mods but it has 230,000kms on the clock the car looks extremely clean and well looked after but I’m abit worried about the ks is there some things I should be looking out for before I take the leap on it

cheers

Edited by Newtoxr6t
Forgot to enter year model

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 21y 1m 28d

Bit out of touch on prices nowadays and thinking of selling my original 2003 BA XR6T which I've owned since new. Auto, Merc silver, less than 150Ks, leather interior, sports steering wheel, full set factory 18" and 17" wheels, never modded, 12 months NSW rego. I had been told prices have been creeping up lately? Would 12K be a reasonable ask?

Edited by Hornblower
added auto

• 4 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

the wife doesn't want you to buy a falcon, is what we're assuming? haha :Welcome2FordXR6t:

tell her to bugger off and have her own fun :stirthepot:

• Member For: 3y 18d

Yeah, I should have clarified that she likes utes, but not impressed that it has a snail :) . I haven't even picked it up yet and she's saying. It's gonna be noisy isn't it? 

No, I tell her, secretly figuring out how to make that new induction kit I've got stashed under the bed sound like a camry.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

it won't be noisy if it's stock.... if you put an induction kit on it of course it'll make plenty of induction noise.

• 2 months later...
  • Banned
  • Member For: 2y 9m 19d
On 14/09/2012 at 11:57 AM, Terror07 said:

Hey Guys,

First time poster here and interested to hear others thoughts on my idea to swap my much loved 2004 xr8 auto for a 2002 xr6t manual (5spd) with a family member. Mine has 180k on it citric acid in colour. Has leather interior and is in really good nick. Well better then many others I've seen.. My family member has the xr6t with 250k on it phantom purple and cloth seats mated with the 5 speed manual.. Both cars are stock and we have both owned since close to new.. Both cars have mags fitted and mine has had ssl springs fitted but the shocks were not changed.. Basically I know I'm asking on a turbo forum so support for the turbo would be more popular but wouldn't mind getting a few ideas that's all.. Thanks

Its an xr8 mate. Get rid of it Mate.There a dime a dozen. But so are the turbos. Buy a GT or a special model turbo. I personally would buy a GT. Everybody raves on about the ls1, ls2 ls3. I have had the ls1 and ls2.  And l will let you in on a secret. Up high, I mean above 180 , the ford craps all over the Expensive Daewoo ls2.