Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 4y 7m 10d

hey there guys,

I've been looking at the fg xr6t sedans as my next car and just not sure what to look out for.

I see that the manuals are quite a bit more pricey than the autos but I personally would love a manual. Should I be scared of high Kms in these cars, looking at one on car sales for <$13 000 with just over 200 000kms, is it worth spending the extra few grand for less kms?

thankyou guys,

Ben

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

same as any car, high km can be a risk, but if the car is properly maintained (service history) and you're willing to be ready to spend a bit extra on maintenance items over time, then it's fine to purchase one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

looks like a good purchase to me, but I haven't been looking around at prices for a while so I wouldn't know if that's a little over the top... but if you're sure you can get it registered into your name (transfer with RWC) and you were planning to do similar modifications, then it's probably worth it.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 4y 4m 17d

Thanks for the info. Is anyone in this forum locted in adelaide that would be willing to look at this car for some $. I know interstate purchases are risky but reading through a few topics on this forum there are some very clued up people that would give me more info than say a redbook inspection.

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 4y 2m 13d

Morning everyone! In the market for an XR6T and the dealership sent me a photo of the engine bay. 

I noticed there's a small dampness around the breather pipe area. Real Dyno in Brisbane said this is pretty normal and just curious on anyone else's experience. 

I have attached the picture for reference. Granted, the bay is dusty which obviously would exacerbate any wet spots on the engine bay. 

The car has a VCM tune and exhaust and just want to make sure something like this is rather normal before buying. 

Cheers guys.