Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

I am yet to see a BF series 1 or 2 in reasonable condition at any price, let alone the redbook value.

Will just have to be patient and wait for one that has been looked after to come up I suppose.

Did not think it would be this hard to find a car that has been looked after.

• Member For: 6y 11m 19d

There is a few on carsales that are decent, what state are you in? You will have to pay if you want under 100,000km

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/results?sortby=TopDeal&limit=12&q=(And.Service.Carsales._.(C.Make.Ford._.Model.Falcon.)_.Price.range(..10000)._.BodyStyle.Sedan._.CarAll.keyword(xr6+turbo)._.Year.range(2006..2009).)

Don't know if I can put link here...

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 29d

I saw a 44k BF2 go for $14,500 in almost new condition when I was looking a couple of months back so 100k more with a rough service history shouldn't be worth anywhere near that.

Even a few years back when I bought the BA, everyone seems to shoot for the moon, then you watch the car gradually drop in price week by week.

Have you thought about FG? I was aiming for BF2 but ended up getting a near perfect FG with leather and 19s for $15k with 110 km on it. Saw a few good ones with less options and 150 km in the $12-13k range.

• Member For: 6y 11m 19d

They are going to go the way of the 80's V8 commodores I reckon, price will stay up a bit now, few bargains here and there, probably will climb 50% in ten years plus. Once the fg's get 'old' they will become hard to find. I got mine pretty cheap about 6 months before the factories closed, before everyone realised it was the end. 

I am in Victoria. I am also willing to pay good money for one. As I said, I offered 14.5k for a NEO bf in QLD with sub 100ks on it and it did not have a sunroof either. That is very good money for a B series in my book.

Seems to be very few in Victoria at the moment.

I would be willing to do Sydney or Adelaide as they are an 8 hour drive each. Even QLD I would do, but WA is probably a stretch too far. I agree the Neo mk2.5 looks a well cared for car. It is probably better than most with half the ks on it.

I have tried to consider an FG and even test drove one, but I just can't bring myself to buy one as I know I wont be completely happy with it.

I love the B series shape. Much more streamlined compared to the F series. In saying that, I would consider one in mystic. Such a nice colour.

There is another one with Lowish ks (120k) in NSW in obsession brown that looks quite nice. Could probably get it for 10k if I pushed. Has had all the normal wear issues sorted on it such as diff bushes, centre bearings, power steering high pressure line, new brake pads and rotors and has full service history also. Thoughts on this one?

I have not got a link as it is not posted online anymore. I saved the description in any case so have a read:

EOI atm Up forsale is my 2007 Ford Falcon xr6 turbo mk2. I am the second owner, the first owner was an elderly couple. 120764 ks, low for the age of the car ZF 6 speed auto transmission K&N air filter Stock exhaust with middle muffler delete New high pressure power steering line with new powersteering fluid New front brake pads and rotors as well as a brake fluid flush maybe 5000ks old l. (do have the rear rotors and pads just haven't installed them) Recently serviced less then 500ks ago Serviced every 5000ks Rear tyres are abit worn on the inside still in ok condition, fronts are about 70% New diff bushes aswell as new centre bearing so all the stupid usual stuff that breaks on these cars is done, Premium leather seats, rear seats and passenger seat in fantastic condition, drivers side is starting to crack and fade abit Stock sound system but sounds great for stock. Small rattle inside vehicle coming from rearview mirror Paint is called obsession brown, been told its rare colour, changes colour depending on the light. Looks quiet nice There is some paint imperfections and paint chips as seen in photos. Could use a good wax and polish and would look amazing. Theres roughly 9 months rego left