Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 5m 26d

OK so I have located what seems to be a clean BF mk 2.5 (feb 08) with 140k on the clock.

My issue is it has only partial service history. had the first three services to 45k, then another one logged at 90k, and then nothing.

13k asking price is up there for a bf model I think, but what is everyone here thinking? what should I be asking for as part of the price?

I am thinking of asking for a full major service to ensure it is running well and getting a redbook inspection done also to make sure it is independent.

let me knw your thoughts all.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

My 07 bfmk2 had a full service history more or less and still had various issues such as diff bushes, steering components, fuel pump etc etc. I paid just under 12k about 3 years ago and it had 130ish thousand k's on the clock.

I wouldn't pay 13k unless it had some aftermarket parts attached and was making north of 400rwkw. It's too much for a stock car with a lack of service history.

My 2c plus gst.

I tend to agree with you about it being too much with lack of service history.

Most I can get out of them is 12.8k with a major service completed before delivery and rego till march next year.

Seems reasonable but without knowing what the 'major' service involves, it is hard to say whether it is worth it.

I will push them to find out what will be done as part of the major service and go from there I suppose.

Telling people their car is not worth what they are asking generally does not get a good response unfortunately.

There is a nice neo blue one in Queensland with less than 100k on the clock. 2nd owner with all service history. Leather, premo sound, dual zone etc.

He wants 16k for it! I offered 14k and got a flat no. 14k is such good money for a 06 BF I think.

Have these cars become super desirable in the last few months or something? Everyone thinks they will be worth HO money one day haha

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

My wife advertised some toys for free on gumtree the other day. The first reply was from someone wanting her to make a 70km round trip to deliver them.

My point is that some people are farken idiots that want something for nothing. Cars are no different and people think they are worth the world when they aren't.

If I was super keen for the car then I would show them the redbook listing and if they wont sell for that then I'd move on.

• Like 1