Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 12y 7m 25d

Looks nice, but they often look better in pix.

Low kms for the year and service history would help with knowing a fair price.

Looks to have cloth interior and no options, he says its Ego in colour yet it's Mercury Silver. Go take a look and drive, B series drives different to F, specially stock in relation to spool.

Be a good thing at 10k if in good nick and some history 

Edited by Ale
  • Like 1

• Member For: 7y 11m

I paid $6k for the same thing with nearly double the km's for a reference. It looks tidy as but like I said before pics are deceiving. 

The stock audio will sh*t you. It's radio or cds. 

• Like 1

Car looks much nicer and its newer too, a proper BF2.

It’s obviously had the car yard spruce up, but having a look at that bay shows it hasn’t been molested, all inlet plumbing hose clamps match for example.

I’d look at getting all the service history you can get, plus have an independent inspection done. The latter will cost you a couple hundred but will come with many photos and proper report that you can then use to either negotiate a deal or peace of mind.

Again, it’s a “base” with no options and its black. Look killer when clean, but will only stay clean for minutes.

Also be sure to inspect the car whilst the sun is low in the sky to get a true idea of the body and paint, dark colours look great in shade or when the sky is high, but side on at dusk will give you a good look at any repairs or true state of the paint work.

Getting such a car thru rego here in SA should be fine, especially if its stock and in good nick.

Anything under 10K purchase price would be reasonable IMO

• Like 3

• Member For: 7y 5m 25d

Thanks mate appreciate it!

Yeah it's all stock standard, has full history and is in good nick!

Yeah I always get an inspection as they are well worth it!  If they inspection comes back clear I'll over around 9.5 and hopefully snag it! looks a good machine

Forgot to mention, I shipped a car for a mate from the ACT earlier this year, 350 HQ Monaro so we got an enclosed service thru CEVA, it was $1000 depot to depot. An open service was half that , CEVA was cheapest by far.

Only thing is that it will go to NSW first, then come here, took 4 days I reckon.

It’s a boring 14hr drive each way, done the trek across the hay plains way too many times, usually whilst towing a race car

EDIT: Have you driven a B series?

Edited by Ale

It will drive different to the BA due to the 6 speed, and different to the FG due to the front end and smaller turbo. Suggest you drive one.

I prefer The FG even though the smaller turbo gives less scope for mods.

• Member For: 7y 5m 25d

Hey all

Report came back on the black bf 2 and there were a few issues.

The previous owner had hit a kangaroo before and on a separate occasion been rear ended so there have been some body repairs (but no internal damage).

Additionally there was a leak with the power steering fluid/hoses and a slight engine leak which they are looking at. as well as some minor other things (front rims have very small buckle on inner side).

Is this a big warning sign to steer clear at all costs? Or if they fix the issues and I can use it to get the car cheap should I still go ahead??

Cheers