Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 17d
18 hours ago, Ale said:

Pretty straight forward thing to freshen up too, but depending on the deal you can find, a brand new true track or something that will deal with proper abuse may not be much more.

After consider the work/labor cost of swapping it in that's the killer, but if doing it at the same time as the rear bushes, your in front.

^This.

Talk to @JETURBO about a good price for a truetrac.

To give you an idea, total cost of the truetrac plus having it fitted to the diff and the diff rebuilt with new bearings was ~$1600

That was with me removing and re-fitting the diff though. 

• Member For: 7y 5m 4d

Hi all,   After some quick advice on the black fg I posted a page ago.

Had it inspected and needs new tyres (thought so myself just handy to have it confirmed), diff bushes and had the wrong coolant in their.

It was $13,500, now dealer saying if he gets all that fixed he'll only do it for 14k.

Were those issues a warning sign? Or is that car with new tyres and bushes a good deal for that? (stretching the budget as is).

Advice would be great guys. cheers

• Member For: 12y 7m 3d

Ideally, you'd like to buy it as is, at a cheaper price and take care of the repairs yourself, that way you ensure they are done to a high standard and a potential to upgrade at the same time , ie suspension bushes.

Unfortunately, I don't think you have much of a choice, simply cos its at a yard and they have to supply 3 months warranty on a road worthy car, shagged rear bushes technically aren't roadworthy.

So they will get the cheapest bushes and tyres then install themselves or by the cheapest workshop they have access too.

Best case if you really want the car and its good value is to negotiate they stick to the sticker price after repairing the things on the report.

Having said that $500 for a set of bushes, tyres and fitting them is reasonable in the big scheme of things, it would cost you more if that makes sense.

Is this the car with the swirl marks? all adds up to an unloved car, Id be expecting some more surprises in the near future if you buy it

Edited by Ale
  • Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

nope, dodgy dealer.

they knew about the problems and were gonna try sell the car like that.

I nailed a dealer for doing this to me cause I looked in the glovebox and found they listed all the problems with it, 'diff bush' being one of them. was funny when they kept saying nothing wrong and I was able to name 3 problems that were listed on their own paperwork. they would have thought I was the falcon whisperer.

• Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

all good, trust is what it's all about. Putting an unroadworthy car up for sale is breaking the trust. 

glad you're not letting emotions take over, I did that with my first xr6t and while I got diff bushes and a turbo out of the dealer, it was like squeezing blood from a stone.

• Like 1