Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 11y 3m 18d

http://www.carsales....ax&sort=default

Closest you will get. Go buy it otherwise you will need to go to an auction.

Rare opportunties at $30 000 do arise. Do you think dealers would negotiate from that price since they already are advertising it at a cheap price?

Heard of any good deals at the auctions?

2011 and under 20,000kms for $27,000. Good luck you are going to need it.

that's why I was thinking it may be a far stretch. What do you think if I hold out on purchasing one untill mid way next year??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 1d

I was lucky enough to get a 2011 Ex Ford car for 30K. I considered it a bargain with only 13,000KM on it.

I say you dont have much chance at 27K. That car linked above has been for sale since I was looking, and from memory, its in the middle of nowhere.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Townsville I think. I'd fly up on a one way ticket and if it was good enough - drive it home. Wonderful 4 days driving :drivingalong: looks like a good deal :thumbsup: Otherwise - spend 3 days on holidays there and fly back home - win/win (and say hi to FNQ crew whilst up there) :nod:

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 3m 18d

I was lucky enough to get a 2011 Ex Ford car for 30K. I considered it a bargain with only 13,000KM on it.

I say you dont have much chance at 27K. That car linked above has been for sale since I was looking, and from memory, its in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks for sharing. Yeah I mean anything around $30 000 is a bargain. Was it advertised at that price? Or did you negotiate it down?

A got an old 00 Hyundai Accent which Il try sell privately for about $3000 and in turn if I subtract that from a good $30 000 deal I will be down to $27 000. Every cent counts! (For me anyways)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 1d

was advertised around 33k I think, It was in Port Macquarie, had 1 week rego on it, but I told them to do it for 30 and put 6 months rego on it and ill take it if its good.

To be honest my budget was about 27K, cause I wanted to spend a few grand on mods straight up, But im glad I spent the extra and got a lower km newer year car now. just no mods now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 9d

Hi guys,

Years ago I had a BF MKII xr6t as a lease car through my work which I loved to bits. Last night I was involved in a crash which rendered my old car a write off, luckily it was insured for a good amount more than I had paid for it only 3 months prior, so the hunt for an xr6t to fill the void in my life commenced. With a budget of only 10k I was very unsure I was going to find one, however I've managed to track one down through a private seller that I'm looking at tonight. Its an 05 model, couple of small mods such as growler intake, dba slotted rotors, oil line relocation kit, 19" rims and some gauges inside. Is there anything in particular that I should be looking out for as tell tale signs (apart from the obvious of course) that it's had a hard life? Just seems a little too good to be true at that price.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

As mentioned 27k is a bit of a stretch but good deals always come up if your willing to wait! I was looking for about 12months for a BFII hoping for around 80,000kms, ended up getting a 2008 FG with 78,000, tech pack, 18's and sunroof for $20k, still yet to find one 6 months later as good as a deal as I got so if you really don't have the $$ to spend and your wiling to wait then just keep looking

• Member For: 13y 1m 17d

Is it manual or auto? The 2005 ba got the 6 speed manual which is solid. If its the auto you can have some problems, They still carry the 4 speed auto which can give way especially if the car has been modified to get decent power, which seem likely since he has boost gauges. So just make sure the car is still shifting hard between gears. Find out if the car has had a custom tune and to what power, I wouldnt wna buy an auto BA that's holding 250rwkw+ with no modifications to the trans.

How many kms? The rear diff bushes very commonly need replacing after 100k kms or so. Just listen out for any noise at the back there when your driving.