Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 12y 3m 16d

Try for under 100 but think about what might be knackered and what you will be replacing for the upgrade anyway. Eg _ Clutch, fuel pump, injectors,intercooler,exhaust,turbo housing (needs porting for your power) and if you are going to 400 - the tail shaft if you plant to beat up on it...... all gotta go. Suspension should be okay but allow 800 for a drive -in drive out diff bush replacement.

100k's is not too bad provided the owner(s) have been good with maintenance and that for me means receipts from a workshop etc. The only other thing I would say as a clue is tyres and mags. If they are fussy, the mags should look good and no Sh*t-Ar*e brands of tyres.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 28d

Looking for one of these at the moment just wondering what things I should be looking out for / common problems? Also I'm curious as to any differences between the 'blueline' and the normal model?

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 27d

5 speed manual is poo, and weak as piss. Try and get a 6 speed manual. Or 4 speed auto, but the auto's dont like more than 300 at the treads without modding. 6 speed auto is the bomb, but dont think they came out in BA

Shuddering brakes are a issue with all falcons, from AU onwards. Be prepared for that one.

Never heard of the blueline models.

If you do buy a BA, also be prepared to clean the turbo inline filter, or replace it with a Earls jobbie.

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 27d

300 kilowatts at the treads. Power output.

Yours will make roughly 190 - 200 at the tyres, power wise, stock. If you mod it, first batch of mods usually see 260 at the tyres.

Stock they make 240kw at the flywheel, but nobody cares about flywheel power. Its all about rear wheel power, or exactly how much power it is making to the road.

Then its just a case of how much money you want to spend, versus how much power you want......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 19d

Hi there,

At what price do you guys think I could get a used 2011 Xr6t at?

Needs to be preferbly under 20 000 kms and in good condition.

Anyone in the know or just purchased a 2011 model and could give me some pricing figures?

From what I can see, most are listed from $35000. Im hoping for a bargain at about $27 000 with some good negotiation skills. Is this too far of a stretch?? Should I hold off abit longer and wait a few months into next year to purchase?

Cheers

• Member For: 15y 7m 25d