Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 11y 6m 10d

Great info!

I hopefully get mine on sat, it seems like its had a lot of those areas attended to which eases my mind a bit!

Had coil packs, tps, brakes & heavy duty clutch already done.

I know it's a t5z, but I'm not going chasing power so it should be sufficient.... Touch wood...

• Member For: 11y 8m 17d

I had a bf xr8 until I took a ba f6 for a drive. A week later I owned the f6. The ONLY thing I miss about the xr8 is the sunroof. but yeah I agree with everyone saying to sell and buy a different one. It sounds like your doing the other person to much of a favour..

• Member For: 11y 11m 17d

Hey people I'm looking into buying a manual bf mk2 xr6 turbo and I'm trying to find out how many k's are to much? and what's a good amount?

I love to get as low as possible but is 80,000k too many any help?

I will be doing work on the car in the range of 350 to 400rwkw.

Cheers

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

80000s fine. I personally couldn't bring myself to buy something with over 100 though.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Some guys are running upwards of 170,000kms on their T's so they can go for a while with the right maintenance. Bit like yourself and henz though, wouldn't want to get too close to 100,000kms. 80,000 is fine, especially if you go to 400rwkw you'll be replacing a lot of things anyway

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

How the Kms are clocked up are Important too. I've clocked up lots of Kms on all cars I've had and the cars have been well looked after and tbh had a pretty easy life. I'd rather 100k Kms of highway compared to 80k Kms of city driving. If the k s are clocked up quickly you could hope it has been from long cruisy drives rather than zipping around the city. Hopefully there's other ways to tell if they have racked up the Kms on the hwy too, eg live outta town or whatever.

Just my 2.4198c inc gst and carbon tax :P

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 8m 5d

my ba xr6t has 227 000k's on it, drives like new, used to drive allot of long distances........also only cost me 5K lol so im n ot complaining haha

• Member For: 11y 8m 5d

^ might start complaining when your up for new engine, turbo, bushes, brakes, fuel pump, power steering pump... lol

lol all bushs, brakes replaced bt me a month ago, power steering pump replaced by me mate who owned it before me, and turbo was replaced by ford about 3-4 years ago ( roughly 70 000 k;s ago) cost the previous owner 8k.

fuel pump seems to be going good lol

engin ......well lets not talk about that hahaha. has good compression etc soooo I hope its ok for now lol