Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 16d

Hi everyone,

First time post.

I'm in the market for a XR6turbo.

Ive sourced out a 2004 BA XR6T 5 Speed Manual. 150000kms. Has leather, Premium Sound. full electrics etc.

What type of price should I be going for? they want 11,500? Is that too much?

What are the things to look out for when buying one of these?

Any other things I should know about these cars before I jump into one?

Thanks heaps :)

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 5d

Don't buy a 5 speed if you want to modify... The gearboxes can't handle it and youll need to spend $5k to upgrade to a T56 and decent clutch

• Member For: 11y 11m 6d

Hey all- Some things that you need to look out for-

1- Discs- if original will more than likely be warped- upgrade to DBA slotted and new pads-

2- Diff bushes- if clunking in rear end then probably need done

3- just point on discs once done may need on car machining as the hubs are usually a bit hows it going.

4- Coils common problem- need new coil packs maybe.

5- Plugs- they chew through plugs get new ones

Hope the points help you- Also one issue I had was boost actuator needed done also

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 6m 8d

Hi,

I'm a ford mechanic and a recently bought a 04 mk2 for 11,900 with the usual leather, dual zone climate and premium sound. A few things I have noticed are the front pads tend to rattle over bumps but I'm sure revised pad slides are out. You will more than likely have a power steering leak either from the high pressure hose or front pump seal - nothing to drastic. Brake shudder is common. Diff bush's in the BA are much tougher then BF but still do wear out but not as quick. Also noticed with auto's the fuel return line rub's through on the auto selector cable... surprised no recall has been issued :|. Bonnet cable's tend to snap but a revised cable is out and sometimes break the fusebox.

Sorry about the long post just a few things to look out for nothing that is going to cost an arm or a leg

• Member For: 11y 6m 21d

I have an 04 ba xr6t mk 2 auto had 130 000kms on it and here is the list of what needed doing in the period of 3 mnths after I bought it,

*new coils and plugs

*new discs all round

* new upper and lower rear control arms

* new control blade bushes

* had an aftermarket gasket on the manifold to turbo flange which blew out and caused the studs to rattle loose, check these periodically one of mine actually rattled al the way out! and lost it

* vaccuum boost regulator needed servicing just a squirt of wd40 down its guts.

* new centre dif cradle bush- alot easier to get a mechanic witha hoist to do this dont be a numpty like me and do it with vehicle stands and a a couple of trolley jacks was an absolute PITA.

* and new front wheel bearing and hubs

* also I know u were looking at a manual but for anyone who has an auto if some one has serviced your box in the past its all to easy for then to have cracke the arse out of the ally fitting which go into the heat exchanger, I investigated a slight ATF weep on the bottom hose of my heat exchanger didnt notice the crack and did it back up again and busted the arse out of the fitting lucky we have a good wrecker that's open saturdays which had a fresh BA come in, alway something to keep in mind

sorry for the lenght of post

Edited by HILLBILLY JEDI