Should I Buy This Xr6T (Merged Topic)

Terror07

• Member For: 11y 7m 1d

Hey Guys,

First time poster here and interested to hear others thoughts on my idea to swap my much loved 2004 xr8 auto for a 2002 xr6t manual (5spd) with a family member. Mine has 180k on it citric acid in colour. Has leather interior and is in really good nick. Well better then many others I've seen.. My family member has the xr6t with 250k on it phantom purple and cloth seats mated with the 5 speed manual.. Both cars are stock and we have both owned since close to new.. Both cars have mags fitted and mine has had ssl springs fitted but the shocks were not changed.. Basically I know I'm asking on a turbo forum so support for the turbo would be more popular but wouldn't mind getting a few ideas that's all.. Thanks

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

2 years older, 70,000k's extra, less features and a crap gearbox....I say no....

As mentioned above, you could probably sell your car and spend a couple of extra grand to get into a decent BAmk2 or even a BF depending on your budget. This way you will get the 6spd manual trans that is basically bullet proof.

Take a quick look in the classifieds section to get an idea of the prices for a well looked after, modified XR6T

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 11y 7m 1d

Hey fellas, yeh straight swap.. I heard the 5 speeders are not the greatest.. I like auto tbh.. I kinda was thinking about building an engine and some kind of 3 spd maybe a 4 spd auto for it in the future.. I have a ttg as my main driver so this one will be for play.. Which I will probably gut pretty early on..

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d

All I read was 5spd manual and phantom.

heeeeeeelllll no.

Do what Senna said, sell, buy a 6spd, winning.

• Like 1

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d

Looool thurple loverrrr

OOOOOH QUOTING THE PERSON ABOVE YOU 25%

Edited by Ciaran
  • Like 1