P1227 Dtc (Wastegate Closed/boost Over Pressure) :( :( :(

gmhkla

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 23d
the MAP sensor was reading 150kpa lol which worked out to be about 27psi but it was only running on 13

Is 150kpa the reading after 98kpa is subtracted from from the value in the log?

I would be very surprised if its mechanical causing this. Have you tried tuning it with waste-gate open loop?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 23d

Just realized you have a high-flow cat fitted. Definetly recommend getting a 12lb actuator fitted then retune. Very hard for stock actuator to behave with the mods you have and boost your intending to run....

Its a juggle to get the desired boost table & wastegate duty cycle correct when high flow or knocked out cats fitted on cars with stock actuators....

I know its posted above but SCT can turn that code off, but you will find trying to tune in closed loop boost control with your setup is a struggle...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 9d

So after all that it was a faulty map sensor.

Changed the wastegate actuator, boost solenoid and bov while I was at it.

No more overboost codes thank god

Fitted a BF 2 bar MAP sensor

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 9d

That's what it was listed as. I'll give ya the part number sus it out I had to chop the plug n fit a new one.

Also the engine light has come on again lost boost twice tonight when outside air.temp dropped as usual. Iv noticed with the bov it boosts to 1bar too but when I put the stock one on its back to 13psi

0 281 002 514 it's a Bosch one. Seriously need to sort this thing out. Sho else tunes with vcm im not interested in the SCT had it before n wasn't happy with it. Each to there own.

With the bov. Does any one even run aftermarket ones. Or just leave the stock one or block it all off n dw about it???