Fg Xr6 2012 N/a Help With Turbo Conversion

revbasher94

• Member For: 11y 4m 29d

Hello all,

I currently own a 2012 fg xr6 n/a and well my main question is simply can I convert my car to a turbo and if so what is the minimal amount I need to do to it as I want to be spending approx 5000 at the max.

I got the n/a because my parents bought it for me as a present for going to uni because im staying in school and all the crap but reality is they didnt want me getting the turbo as my first car because of the power and well I understand that and now that I can handle the power of the n/a I want to convert it to the turbo specifications. So overall I am wondering if people can help me out because I called a few spots in relation to getting a front cut of a xr6 turbo 2011 and the bloke is telling me I MUST replace the entire engine along with getting the turbo, all the piping, ecu, intercooler and all that.Currently all I have done to my baby is a twin 2.5 inch cat back exhaust and it sounds amazing. So overall can anyone help me in telling me what I should do and how I should get about doing it because alot of people frown and keep saying just go turn it in and buy a turbo... well I cant because my parents are paying for the car and its my first. And also to that I dont really want to replace the naturally aspirated engine with a turbocharged engine because its pretty much taking the heart out of my baby or well it seems like that for me.

So yeah please let me know what I could do guys your help would be extremely appreciated. and also yes I am a p plater but dont let that underestimate my naiveness with cars and I do know what I am getting my self into in relation to hours of work to put in, money and the power I want out of it. ( hopefully 250-300rwkw after tune).

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 13d

Have you had a good read of fellow members conversions.

Its NOT for the faint hearted and with 5K I have my reservations if it will be achievable

Read this thread where this bloke put the Turbo running gear into a G6

http://www.fordxr6tu...bo#entry1302711

You also stated that you are on you P's. By the sounds of it your not even going to be able to drive it once changed.

Play the waiting game mate. Have fun with the car that you have and in years when your P's are long gone look to turbo/Upgrade your car then

because alot of people frown and keep saying just go turn it in and buy a turbo.

Some good advice there BTW

• Member For: 11y 7m 24d

I am doing this atm to my g6e

the parts you will need are

turbo with exhurst manfoild and dump pipe

intake manfiold

intercooler and pipes

you can remap your old computer by a person that can tune the car

so far I spent about 2 grand on parts

and car is going to be done maybe next week

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 13d

/\

THIS!!

intake manfiold

intercooler and pipes

Have you factored in Gear box, diff, CV shafts, tailshaft.

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 25d

intake manfiold

intercooler and pipes

Keep us posted on the 2 grand conversion. I think it might cost a couple of extra dollars by the time it's running on the street.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 7m 24d

/\

THIS!!

Have you factored in Gear box, diff, CV shafts, tailshaft.

yeah a friend of mine did it to is 2011 fg ute

still running fine car is tuned to 273kw at the wheels and is done fine it was done last year this time and no problems have come up yet

yep I will let u guys know how it goes

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 4m 9d

I have done the conversion, cost me about 8k for the conversion, that's not including the manual conversion, new tailshaft and various other parts, currently running at 10psi and making 304rwkw.

Did manual conversion as mine had the horrible 5 speed auto.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 4m 29d

Have you had a good read of fellow members conversions.

Its NOT for the faint hearted and with 5K I have my reservations if it will be achievable

Read this thread where this bloke put the Turbo running gear into a G6

http://www.fordxr6tu...bo#entry1302711

You also stated that you are on you P's. By the sounds of it your not even going to be able to drive it once changed.

Play the waiting game mate. Have fun with the car that you have and in years when your P's are long gone look to turbo/Upgrade your car then

Some good advice there BTW

I am in perth and here in wa it doesnt matter if you have turbo or v8 you can still drive with no problems. only issue is that apparently p platers arent allowed to own a v8 that's all