Need Help With My 2012 Na Xr6

Pedja

• Member For: 11y 4m 20d

HEY GUYS! love this site.

Well im new and im new to ford, just bought a brand new xr6 2012 mkII 6 speed manual sedan for $33 500, 21kms on it straight out of factory.. Its fast, but im noticing it stutters, like it wants to go harder but the mods it got are limiting it, now I dont know anything about fords, im skyline fan. lol But what should I get for it?

I heard K&N fliters and cold air intake, new exhast 2.5 cat back, a tune and I was told a underpully doesnt do anything :S and that's all I know.

Any ideas? im all ears and I want to learn this car I got the cash easy blow 20k on it lol fcking love it so fcking much. Kinitic Blue paint.

By the way cuz its new, if I mod it, will the warrianty get voided?

Thanks guys!!! P plater by the way...

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

mods = warranty voided

Look at getting an intake plus filter and swap it out when you get it serviced. Don't worry about paying for a cat back, use the pipes that are in there and get good mufflers put in.

Spend your dollars on handling and brakes if you want it to go quick. Then once you are off your p's get a turbo and put the good bits onto it.

• Like 1

THANK! so when I go the ford services or what ever, ask them to put in cold air intake? and change the filter for me to a K&N? they do that? haha and yeah cant wait to get of them, just what yu mean about the exhuast part? and handling?

oh and another question, sorry for being apain, but its the ford guys do my mods, will it stil void or no?

Edited by Pedja

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

I think it needs to be better spelt out lol.

YOU NEED TO GET A COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K N N FILTER AND INSTALL IT YOURSELF AND WHEN YOU TAKE IT IN TO GET SERVICED ETC (OR ANY TIME IT GOES TO FORD FOR THAT MATTER) YOU NEED TO REVERT BACK TO THE STOCK INTAKE OTHERWISE THEY WILL SAY YOU VOIDED WARRANTY!!

As for mods, no do not get ford to do any mods, only go to reputable mechanics and tuners

• Like 1

oks oks I understad now THANKS SO MUCH! its gonna be a fcking mission though dont know anything about intake swaps but ill figure it out, thanks and yeah should of got a turbo, but im on p plates..and im on them for another year cbf driving around in a getz anymore.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Mate theres one clamp that holds the intake pipe on about halfway too the throttle body. theres a screw or two on the snorkel n then pretty sure the box just sits in place isn't even screwed down. its really not that hard. And to be honest if you can't figure it out I suggest not doing any mods and leaving it stock...

• Like 1

mmm might as well, guess ill wait for opens and get the turbo xr6, its funny, I ket up with a r32 turbo'd skyline lol hahaha