Recommended Tuner / Workshop New South Wales

3sc0rt

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y

Oath pix, 

Its 4hrs each way for me to CMS and yes Louise is sometimes swamped with getting back to people but when they have thousands of clients and houndreds of emails/calls a day from them and new clients they cant get to everyone that day or sometimes weeks.

As for Base files Rob, I needed one loaded a few weeks ago with the new engine, bigger fuel system and going from a btr auto to tr6060 and joe emailed me the file and I loaded it via SCT without a single issue.. didnt pay a dollar for his time with the countless calls or making and sending the file to me.

Jonno, call around at your own risk mate, plenty of shops that tune cars in Sydney.... only 3-4 id call a real pro tune shop though! for the Barras....

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 6d

I'm currently a CMS customer and cannot fault them.

Joe is extremely helpful even if difficult to get hold of at times due to the fact there's only one of him and every time I see him he's absolutely flat out.

He's trying to run a small business, return customer calls and enquiries and obviously do his thing on the dyno.

I've had him return calls around 6.30pm, still hard at it.

Guys have already commented above on the sort of work he does so need for me to say anything.

13 hours ago, joncitizen said:

Dunno mate, my thoughts are if they are taking this long to get your money, just imagine how long it would be once they have it.............................

^^Not the case.

13 hours ago, joncitizen said:

Any have any recent experience with Tunehouse?

Tunehouse first tuned my ute back in late 2011. They're a much more 'polished' business if that makes sense, very commercially aware, have a workshop floor you could eat off and very good customer service.

Tuning in my experience with them was mixed; did a tune that was very good on the street even if it was hard to compare figures as they have a hub dyno, but 18 months or so down the track had an issue that they couldn't diagnose, have to look up the details but they spent a lot of (charged) time trying to fix something that turned out to be pretty basic iirc.

They don't just do a lot of barra work, they're into jap stuff in a big way and also do plenty of V8s.

However, they know how to charge; initial custom tune was quit reasonable at around $700 + GST from memory but they mark parts up quite heavily.

Other things like my 700cc injectors turning out to be drilled stockers (yes they worked, but the price was way up there) which was common enough in the day, but pretty sure there were plenty of other options even in 2011.

Haven't been back there since 2013 though so may be a bit out of date.

• 3 months later...
  • Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 22d

Howdy and welcome mate. I haven't but highly recommended taking the drive and see CMS. Joe and Jason will talk you through what is needed and recommendations.

• Member For: 10y 4m 17d

I have used Cms,cv, and Autotech I wouldn't use anyone apart from Spiro at Autotech you may pay that little extra but I assure you it's done properly the first time, this is just my point of view, nothing worse having to take car back numerous times diving 3hrs return and still doing the same thing, and then being quoted on paper a price and then bumping it up nearly $200 a week after the quote when you arrive for the job to be done 

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 14d

I have to agree blacktur8oute . Been to multiple shops over the years including Autotech, CMS and Tunehouse and Autotech workmanship is on another level to CMS and they are better than Tunehouse. I must admit my time at CMS was 4 years ago and Tunehouse before that so things might of improved since then. Ive never had to go back to Autotech after any work or tune for problems. All 3 are way better than a regular shop, I just have had a better experience at Autotech.

Edited by gsd112