Recommended Tuner / Workshop New South Wales

3sc0rt

• Member For: 10y 4m 13d

Great thread for new people around here.

It sounds like Joe at CMS/Crescent Motorsport is the man to see. Bit of a drive. Although C&V is around the corner for me. Hmmm

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 9y 3m 5d

Hi Guys

New to the forum. I've looked through the faq's but cant seem to find a specific for my question,

Just bought an 09 turbo, runs great, only 45,000 on the clock and am extremely happy with it. Its a huge step up from my last car, a 1999 honda prelude vtir.

Only issue I have so far is that there seems to be a creaking noise coming from the left hand side passenger area. This noise comes and goes but its always noticeable when someone is sitting in the passenger seat and obviously applying a load to that area and when I put my foot down and drive the car with a bit more force. The noise is random and does not just happen in certain situations, it happends randomly and not only when im breaking, turning, accelerating, etc.

I was wondering if anyone here could recommend me a good honest mechanic that knows these cars well. I am in south west sydney. I dont want to go to pedders, midas, etc and get told its a 2k job and blindly give my money away.

cheers!

• Member For: 9y 11m 18d

It could be the passenger seat or its suspension bushes.

If it's front end bushes, you usually can't hear the noise above 50kmph.

Creaking front ends and squeaky seats are part of life with these cars.

Plenty of info in the Tech sections of the forum, start reading

Oh and I'm the last person who could recommend a Mechanic( hate the kahnts)

Oh yeah and welcome , it gets a bit crazey around here sometimes but there's a wealth of experience here

• Member For: 9y 3m 5d

Thanks for that guys. I certainly be more involved in these forums - seems like a great community to be a part of, helping each other out etc.

I failed to mention that I did replace the upper control arm bushes with nolathane ones as suggested by one mechanic and I did have a feeling it was them, however it seems to not be the case. Ill cut my losses at 350$ and stop replacing sh*t now for no reason before it gets out of hand.

With noise issues like these, if I were to take it to a mechanic, ask for a diagnostic and they say its this and that for x amount of dollars and I go ahead with the work, am I expected to just walk away if the issue isnt resolved? It seems a bit silly to just keep throwing money at mechanics recommendations without any real garuante that the work done is actually fixing the issue...