Achilles Atr Sport 2

Bellato

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 23d

Dont know if anyones still interested but I have 275/30/20 atr sport 1s on the rear of my ute and they arent too bad, hold up to 350rwkw but the front I think 245/30/20 scared the utter sh*t out of me when I saw my car on a hoist, all the inside wall had splits and cracks nearly half way round the tyre deep enough that I could jam a finger into, it was just the internal wall holding them together. And I'm pretty onto checking my tyre pressures and that so it wasn't from being run low. Had them on the car about 8 months. Took the ute back to the tyre shop and they rang achilles, achilles came to the party and sent out 2 new art sport 2s. Haven't been too bad but I've been checking on them a lot.

• Like 1

I have the sport 1 on my manual ute. they are pretty good considering.

on a good road they wont spin 3rd with a 400 rwkw tune but with e85 and 460 the slightest anomaly will fry them.

for the money they are great - ill get the sport 2 next (which wont take long)

I also have 45 series 18 inch tyres not the 40 series that's standard. this also helps traction

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6d

Im interested in giving these a go.

I have only ever had nitto invos since getting 350rwkw and they have been fantastic!!! front and rear. Im in need of 4 new tyres now though. I have a set of invos here ready to go but would it be ok to chuck a set atr sport 2's on the front and have the invos on the rear? Will this cause any problems any where?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Will be fine but the atr sport are no match for the Nitto. Probably OK for the front as long as you dont drive it to hard and be careful in the rain.

I didnt realize about the new sport 2. I can only comment on the sport 1

Edited by arronm

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Yea what size. I paid $170ea for 245/35/20 supplied and fitted which was a really good price

Where did you get these I need 2 in the same size.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

235/45R17 97W $112 $97

Hellloooooooooo. Think I'm going to grab a set of these when the time comes. Hopefully I can find a Perth source at reasonably competitive to the prices from thewheeldeal site mentioned earlier.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

235/45R17 97W $112 $97

Hellloooooooooo. Think I'm going to grab a set of these when the time comes. Hopefully I can find a Perth source at reasonably competitive to the prices from thewheeldeal site mentioned earlier.

235/45/17 You uses that mini tyre. Is it for a Hyundai XL

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Where did you get these I need 2 in the same size.

Jax tyres in Mitchell, ACT. Pretty sure that was his cost price as he looks after me pretty well. Thewheeldeal has them for $185 but then need to post ontop. If you have a jax dealer nearby maybe go around and hit them up.

I'v had the series 2 on the front for about 3000kms now and they've been great! They disperse water much better than the series 1 and great turn in. I oversteer before understeer

Not sure how these go on the rear with 300rwkw or more but they are currently my fallback position