Mondeo Diesel Turbo

Brand

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 1d

Drive one, if you dont like the gearbox dont buy it... We get sooooo many complaints about the 6dct450 dual clutch box its not funny... An its all normal... They are a great car but if your driving style doesnt suit the box youl hate it

• Member For: 18y 1m 15d

Interesting, about to buy the misso a Focus Trend or Sport with the auto, am looking forward to driving one and seeing how it goes.

Not many people rave on about the dual clutch auto.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 1d

If its petrol it will have the 6dct250 which is a dual dry clutch box, they had early issues with solid input shaft seals leaking and contaminating the clutch plates but havent done one in a while, they are a good box but have a couple of nvh issues which are normal and if more than one person drives it they can feel like crap, very adaptable and driving style dependant box

And they are not really an auto, they are an automatically shifted manual twin clutch box

Edited by bionicxr6t05

• Member For: 18y 1m 15d

yeah looking at a petrol. Had a look at several today at Q Ford but didn't drive one, might take one for a steer in the coming days.

Hopefully the missus and I like it, otherwise its the i30 or mazda 3 - I prefer the Focus though (on paper and based on a static viewing anyway).

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 4d

Mum's got the latest focus with the 6spd auto and it is a funny feeling box at 1st. I think it drives fine but it takes a bit to get used to. Quite a sluggish car too but I'm sure the Mondeo would be a bit better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 16d

I am on my second one now and have had no trouble with either of them, great little car with good power and excellent fuel economy even when you get into them. I have it as my work car and do about 7,000 ks a month.