6Th Gear W.o.t

xr6t4life

• Member For: 14y 8m 12d

I have a bf xr6t modded with the works full zorst, intake system valve springs, ported wastegate ect running 13psi. well I finally got around to buying and fitting a boost guage today :) so when I went out for a test drive today she holds 13 psi perfect through 1st to 4th didnt try 5th. now the problem I was just fukin around had it in 6th gear (manual) put my foot down at 1500 rpm just so I could watch the boost rise well 2400rpm came by and 13 psi came by but it didnt stop not even the slightst bit, with in a second it was over 20psi so I took my foot off thinking wtf tried it again just to see if I was a once off but nope strait back up. anyone want to enlighten me as to y it does it in 6th gear with a ported wastegate

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Loading it up in 5th or 6th will get you big boost because the lower RPM can't get the air out fast enough. I found the same thing with mine playing on highway making it flutter. Up to 17PSI when viewed on the dyno before Simon backed it off again. Cheap gauge was reading 25 at that point (lol).

Turbos love resistance!