Does This Sound Right

relentless xr6

• Member For: 13y 4m 15d

hey guys does this sound right 300kw@16 psi through a c4 with a 4000 stall I only take it to 5900 rpm previous I last raced at apsa meeting on my 14 psi tune 380 hp tune and went 11.45@116 is it the stall that makes the dyno figure very low.

• miso xr6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 10d

hey guys does this sound right 300kw@16 psi through a c4 with a 4000 stall I only take it to 5900 rpm previous I last raced at apsa meeting on my 14 psi tune 380 hp tune and went 11.45@116 is it the stall that makes the dyno figure very low.

As crazy as this sounds, I one day was making 400rwkw on the dyno an then the next day on the same dyno to adjust a few settings, I was reading 300rwkw on same boost an settings, this got me an my tuner thinking what the f..k happened, we could only see one change on his logger an that was wheel speed increased, then we came to an conclusion that mabey its the wheel swap that I did earlier on the day could have made the difference, so I put back on the wheels were I made 400rwkw back on to see if that was the case an then to our amazement I got all my power back, so my point is it could be that your wheels that is not showing your true power.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 11d

Well when I went to a C4 my car was making 347rwkw with a 4spd and 2700 convertor, put the C4 in the power went to 311rwkw with a 3000 convertor, never had any stall issues though, what brand convertor is it?

Edited by XR64LT

• miso xr6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 10d

^^^^ FMD didnt think it would make that much difference!!

Lol we even freaked out, the stupid tyre I had on was slipping through the run with no evidence of it frying, it was actually slipping like it had water on it.