Recommended Tuner / Workshop Victoria

nikofgxr6t

• Member For: 10y 9m 2d

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the site so bare with me.

I've just picked up a 09 FG XR6T and absolutely love it. It has the Tech pack but no reverse camera or sensors. Since my wife kindly backed her car into my last car I feel it's a necessity rather than a luxury, plus I may just end up on the news if she does the same to the XR! So my question is can anyone recommend a Melbourne based business who can retro fit a reverse camera and connect it to the factory colour screen?

I have enquired with Ford who advised they would have to refer me to an aftermarket dealer anyway, so no joy there.

Thanks in advance

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 28d

Not sure mate, but you can buy wireless ones. They would be an easy install and they would work a treat. They can even be motion sensing cameras as well. So they'll record for a set amount of time after it sensors movement while the car is locked.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 27d

One of the cheaper options is to get a system with the monitor in the rearview mirror. Last time I looked they can be had (including installation) for less than $250. Cheaper if you can do it yourself.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 1d

just put in reverse sensors same as G6e model looks neater and doesn't have junk hanging off your mirror, alternatively look on ebay have seen kits going around carnt find any at the moment using genuine parts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 8m 22d

Hi Guys

Just decided to give my stock fg xr6t (daily drive) some more power, have a budget of 3k

Looking for recommendation on where to go and what to look for hoping for just under 300rwkw if possible

There seems to be a lot of info out and it's a little hard to digest and find the best deal

Thanks

Ben

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 30d

Ptilane, Nizpro, Bluepower, Herrod - all good tuners in Melbourne

$1500 x3 and tune. $500 cat installed. $600 injectors installed, $500 intercooler pipe kit (install yourself to save labour) and theres your $3k and just under 300rwkw

Done a heap before mate, need to search better

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 29d

Pit lane x3.

3 gorillas will really wake it up.