Recommended Tuner / Workshop Victoria

nikofgxr6t

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 8y 10m 2d

Hi guys im new to this forum and first time xr6t owner . The car just ticked over to 188,000 km its a BA mk2 4sp auto .

List of work done to the car

Diff bush

4" xforce mild steel dump out to a 3.5" system

Water methanol injection

60lb injectors (waiting to be installed)

Walbro big pod gss340 (waiting to be installed )

Monza intercooler

Hotside intake

12 psi turbosmart actuator with ported wastegate

New coils and plugs

Nulon 15w50 full synthetic oil

Ceramic coated exhaust manifold and dump pipe

The car is hitting boost cut at 4k rpm and there is a surgibg problem when under load almost like the turbo is loosing 1-2 psi of boost , makes it sound like its coughing.

I would like to know if there are any good tuning shops in melbourne that can fit valve springs and tune the car , preferably all within a day as its my only car .

Furthermore do I need to have the car tuned once I fit the valve springs or will the car start and drive untill I can get it tuned .

Also what kind of power should I be making with all the above mentioned mods .

Thanks in advance

• Member For: 17y 10m 28d

your intercooler is very ordinary to start off with, it will struggle to meet your minimum requirements unless everything else is working very hard to get there. Yes I know you have water/meth but there's risk associated with that running out of fluid

350 is a big ask for a BA motor when it was new, let alone on one with 188k on it

• Member For: 8y 10m 2d

Hi thanks for your opinion I appreciate it , yes I understand how water methanol can pose a risk to tuning , however I am not asking the tuner to tune it to depend on water as its only source of power , if you understand what I mean , I need him to tune it for all the other mods and the water meth is just there as an insurance to keep inlet temperatures down . Ive run water meth on my previous 2 cars and have had outstanding performance gains as well as better power delivery in summer . Furthermore I run a 10l reservoir so its very rare that I run it dry .

Now back to my main question is there any decent tuner preferably in north melbourne suburbs who can tune these cars other than nizpro and bluepower .

post-84228-0-04257100-1435032645_thumb.j

Edited by r32destroyer