Suspension Upgrade For Heavy Loads. Xr6 Turbo

bupalooga

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 17d

Im Shopping for an fg xr6 turbo and ill need to up the suspension because it'll have a steel tray and a few hundred Kg of tools on it all the time. Also be occasionally hauling heavy scaffolding or cement whenever I need to for work.

I don't know much about suspension set ups so treat me like a Dummy who wants to learn. Does the XR6 turbo come with leaf suspension or something else.

I don't want to be raising it above regular height, just want extra stiffness when the loads get heavy with comfortable everyday driving.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 16d

If you have 200kgs of tools, then a steel tray and then other gear, you'll want to add an extra 2 leaves to the original leaf packs, then a Firestone Airbag kit on top of that to cover the bigger loads you carry.

If you have that much static weight you need to spread it across the leaves, not just on an airbag under the chassis rail.

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

^^^^^^^^this guy

I got the airbags. makes a huge difference and can help spread load if it is lop sided. worked a treat. have removed them now though but highly recommend it

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 17d

Thanks for this guys, The helper spring seems like a simple option but once I get it loaded up I might have to add some extra leaves aswell deppending how it goes. & I diddnt think Airbags were legal in Australia?