Car Won't Start

XAH03

• Member For: 16y 4m 28d

Hey guys, I'm in need of some help or suggestions with my car.

I finished fitting a new turbo to my car on Friday afternoon. After it was all fitted I started it up and ran it to operating temps and made sure everything was fine.

I then took it on a 30k drive where It was running fine until on the way home. It started running rough, like it was miss firing and got worse the more it was driven. I accelerated a little bit and it went away but at cruising speeds and slowing down it was quite jerky.

Anyway I got it home and into the garage, and left it running. I slowly brought the revs up but it was still missing. It was late at night and didn't want to annoy the neighbours so I let it sit overnight.

Next morning I decided to reflash it thinking that maybe something with the new turbo had changed then tune slightly. After the reflash I tried starting it and all it does is crank over in the 2 tunes I have.

I've checked it's got fuel pressure on the gauge and I can smell fuel, so I took one of the plugs out to check for spark which there is none.

I'm wondering if something has $hit itself or if there is could possibly be something in the tune which won't allow it to spark?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 1d

If it was tune related I wouldnt expect it to get gradually worse like that... How long had it been sitting for? What coils are you using? What do the plugs look like? What electronics did u remove while the turbo was off? Did u remove anything that you usualy wouldnt?

That's what I thought. I don't know of the misfiring is related or not. It had been sitting for around 2 weeks but was driven before it stopped starting.

Using factory ford coils, plugs look fine, didn't remove anything electrically except for the power steering sensor.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

is the 02 sensor damaged after the turbo re fit ?

I know the dump can drop down and pull on the 4 wires goin into the 02 sensor when its disconnected from the rear housing

Yeah thought so, shouldn't have had all those beers today for bathurst lol. I've got a mate coming over with a scam tool tomorrow to test it all.

I originally thought it was o2 sensor because it was running rough then wouldn't start but it started the next morning but wouldn't start after the re flash.