'65 Xp Falcon 2 Door

Goose

• 00-XRG / 006-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 13d

Wasn't quite sure of the best place to post this so "workshop" section will do.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm planning on buying an '65 XP Falcon 2 door to build as a project car. Picked up the trading post and found some, but not quite what I was after.

This will be my first ever project car, so I was wandering if a few of you more experience people (I'm not saying your OLD :lol: ) could help me out with ideas of places to be looking to find my project car.

In Queensland that is.

Any help will be muchly appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

• Member For: 20y 5m 9d

My only advice is to pick up one with the best body you can find, mechanicals not important, as they will be replaced or rebuilt during the resto......a good body is the most important thing in my opinion.

Guest wrxboy
  • Guests

Agree with Marcos - a good clean body can save a hell of a lot of money and trouble. The key is to be patient. Don't be in a hurry to get started. Wait until you find a car that suits your purpose and ideas. Look everywhere you can - newspapers, trading post, magazines, Ford clubs etc. BTW, great choice of project car - imagine an XP with a BA turbo motor under the hood. WOW.

Rust is the enemy,as said blown motor good body..just grab it .Every thing else can be replaced or fixed but your starting point is a good body..you can fix a rusy bomb up but the cost!

vik

ps XY way to go...351 clevo mmmmm

• 00-XRG / 006-FPV
  • Donating Members
BTW, great choice of project car - imagine an XP with a BA turbo motor under the hood. WOW.

Who told you????

hahaha yeah that's basically the plans. Will be trying to get a early "200 Super Pursuit" and then getting custom fuel injection and a turbo+intercooler. Otherwise it'll be getting a 250 x-flow with fuel injection and turbo.

that's the plans for now anyway.

• 00-XRG / 006-FPV
  • Donating Members

Found these most amusing specs

XP Falcon with 200 Super Pursuit Six

90KW (121BHP)

245nm torque

here's the kicker

16.9 @ 80mph quarter mile

bloody reasonable hey?

• Member For: 20y 6m 22d

Be prepeared to travel to find a good car as they are starting to get scarce, spent 5 years finding a good xm van that didn't have heaps of rust.

If you go the x flow/turbo you will have bonnet clearance problems as the 250 block is much taller than the std 200. The XR6t sounds good but was quoted over $15000 for eng/box assy from local dealer. :ta:

they are great cars(have had several) and best of luck. :ta:

• Member For: 20y 5m 29d

The body should be your main problem. As you will struggle to find panel beaters who will touch them to be fixed if it has too many headaches (rust), interior & mechanicals are easy and many will help. I finally after stripping 3 XY's did I actually find one with no accident damage & minimal rust, BUT still waiting 1.5 yrs while the beater going through the motions of fixing it. All hanging panels done, front end done. Then it sat. See pic in gallery. ETA maybe Feb lor late June next year... Its a pain... everything else is easy....

SO... BODY..... BODY....... BODY is all I can say to you.