So My Flex Plate Came Loose, What Now?

knoles

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 12d

Hi guys

As per the title my flex plate on bf f6 came loose yesterday. So we pulled the box out there seems to be no damage.

Will I be able to get away with just replacing the bolts or have people had problems just doing this? The ford dealer says they replace the shim behind it but we don't have a new one and I'm sorta short on time. (was traveling home from holidays so very far from home and supposed to be back for work on Monday).

Cheers

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

As long as the six bolt holes are still perfict " round wise " bang new bolts in and crank em up and ull be no worries

Edited by JETSNOT

• Member For: 17y 10m 2d

you need a new flywheel and preferably a heavy duty item or modifed new one to be stronger otherwise it will most likely happen again, obviously new bolts will also be required

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 12d

Dunno if the bolts are tty but got replaced because they where FUBAR. I'll try my luck with the original flex plate this time. Once I'm back home it's not that much of an issue to replace

with a substantial item.

Atomic ones are the way to go are they?

Just for people's knowledge the symptoms where a rapid onset (literally less than a few kms between hearing a "new noise" and developing to a point which I wasn't going to drive any further) of a horrible metal rattling noise kinda like a loose exhaust shield or dislodged cat which reverberated throughout the engine bay. Which didn't change when in neutral drive and reverse if it was under 1050rpm. Once past that noise disappeared.

Edited by knoles

• BANNED
  • Banned
  • Member For: 16y 11m 1d

New flywheel is NOT required.. ford dont use locktite from factory I found this out free revving my motor to 7000 years ago !!

I even reused my old bolts with locktite and guess what ?

120000kms later and after 100 dyno runs and 150+ drag races it is fine.....

Save your money , buy some news grade 8 bolts for insurance and make sure to use loktite......