Over It

JETURBO

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

I've gone back from Desk job's to swinging spanners a couple of times and have reached the same conclusion each time (and wound up back behind a desk) What I enjoy about my trade has changed as I've become older (and my trade has made sweet sweet love to my knees and back) I used to love smashing out a job and being the hero for getting gear back online but it's more about the bigger picture now. I work less hours than I did before, I earn marginally less. I see my wife more, I spend more time at home, I enjoy working on cars in my free time as I dont spend my work days on the end of a spanner etc etc etc.

Jet take a leave, try something else if you like it carry on if you dont go back to what your good at.

• Like 1

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 26d

Seems to me like you're a bit depressed, Snotters. Suck it up princess!

"sh!t how are we going to get out of this"

If that's the yardstick, then my job is absolutely fckn awesome. I do wish for a boring day every now and then but it never eventuates. :banghead2:

• Like 3

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

Yeh iam depresses tabby

So bloody cuddle me :P

Think u lads are on to something , might hit someone up for a trial run and see what I really think of it !

• Like 1

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 23d

Been wanting to leave carpentry for awhile now. The sore back among other things gets old. Only thing that stops me is I don't want to be screwed over by either working a wk or 2 and given the arse or whatever. Already happened once where the flog of a bloke didn't even tell me they "lost the contracts" between the time I gave notice to my boss and the very last day I was meant to work with my boss. I <3 Bananas tard..

Thinking of applying to work in a local quarry and get experience for the mines. If I like it there I may stay for longer. Need to chat to some mates that have worked there..

Just spent $50m on the joint recently too..

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 19d

Just to shine a light on trial runs.. A week trial is either gonna be bloody boring or bloody fun.. Either way not a good indication of what's to be expected.. You prolly need 4 - 6 weeks

• Like 5

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 25d

kinda in the same boat, over it and want to bail before I move up the chain, management would chit me. Over the contracting side and thinking of going back to in house work, or back on the tools.

a few old bosses would take me back if I made the call, gotta weigh up the $$$, at the moment it's ok coin but I forget what my pillow feels like.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 29d

What about being fluffs Pimp? but seriously, what do you enjoy? is there something you have always wanted to do? not joking Jet become a Cop, decent money,alot of days off,drive a car all day. Then you could move onto HWP.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m

Shy sit in your car for 10hours. that's what being in a machine in the mines is like. Dont move from the garage, just get used to looking at the wall.

I used to operate a 33T digger and the boredom kills you. Theres SFA challenge, at the end of the day you have nothing to talk about. Wash plants are worse, 40 degree days and your in rain coat. Dump trucks? You can drive one with your knees, reading the paper, eating a sanga, and still have free hands and be looking for more to do. I used to play a LOT of sudoku.

I made a change because I love outdoors work, rain, hail, sunshine. New challenges, new sites, new people etc. Theres a paycut but I feel 100x better for it.

• Like 2

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

It seems some people have been the same situation and by the looks of it happiness is the winner

Pazz iam not alowed to be a cop would of for sure that kind of stuff is right up my alley

The hard part is the hole car scene even detailing rocks my boat

Might have a crack at something for 3 months and maybe get it out of my system or stay either love it of hate it