Over It

JETURBO

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

So finding my self at a spot where iam totally boared at work been a spark for 12 years now and its just getting so lame but I really dont know what to do .

Problem is I have it what I think is really good iant ignorant to that fact but I cant weigh up if I should just be lucky and shut up or roll the dice and go for a change.

This is the issue for me .... I get to work 7am til 3pm I get a very decent smoko / lunch brake I get 2rdo's a month I get redundancy,super,longservice and a very flexiable boss who has never got on my arse about anything ever and I do about 100k a year

Now I really want to do something else and I realise that its going to be no where as good as that but I want to hear of people who have gone for a " fun " job vs the money

Id love to work on cars all day but I know moneys usually junk always greasy always got a sore back and customers piss ya off reguarly.............. And iam still keen ....... Wtf I know

Any help or advice is always nice

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m

Go for a telecommunications certificate.. Dunno about sa but down here its a 10 week 2 night a week course and upon compleation you get 5k and employer gets 4k..

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Nar not the kitchen type

Any of u senior blokes ever gone backwards to satisfy the boredom of what your " used to "

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

My Bro-in-law went from engineering in the mines to fencing on rural properties because he was sick of the job.. Loves what he does now working in the sun/physical labour..

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 22d

You know my situation Jet, and I haven't looked back mate, took the pay cut, took the risk and love the job I'm doing, yes customers can piss you off but some are real good too and they surprise you, got a Japper a little while back, customer was laid back and I thought it was going to be all good, turned into a massive pain in my ass as he didn't explain what he wanted properly, got a Benz the other day, thought the owner was going to be the biggest pain in the ass and he turned out to be the best customer yet, told him the bill and he added more on top as a bonus for me, but I have been talking to him for a couple of months about the job and who else he was involved with with it.

I also know a couple of sparkies that have quit lucrative jobs to go out on their own to avoid the bullsh*t that comes with being employed by a big company.

Edited by Foon

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

After 4 years of being at this job I'm still on less money than what I was earning while working for ford.

I don't regret it and I'm happier for the change. More money will come in time and I'm happy to wait for it.