Boost Guage Panel

Sambo11

• Member For: 11y 7m 6d

Hey guys, I have a 2003 BA MKII XR6 Turbo ute. I am having a bit of trouble with the panel which the boost guage is attatched to. The previous owner of the ute has held this panel in place with velcro sticky tape and the glue from this tape is starting to melt due to the heat that is created in this area. The panel will not sit in its correct position and keeps on sliding around. I was wondering what the correct way to fix this panel in place was? Also what other guages should I look at getting?

Cheers.post-52952-0-03466100-1348104679_thumb.jpost-52952-0-25308500-1348104708_thumb.jpost-52952-0-86902000-1348104728_thumb.j

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 27d

Due to that being a custom gauge holder piece (not a genuine FPV one) they don't attach securely to anything. It's either Velcro or good double sided tape.

Just like freeze_dk said, get some good decent double sided tape that wont melt. 3M pretty much make the best stuff going around.

Line up the holder and take note of all the areas it comes in contact with the top of the ICC, then that's the best places to add the double sided tape.

I know on mine, the guys who made it even had a big sponguey piece at the back so it could still be taped down (as usually the back has nothing to stick to, its only at the front)

• 1 month later...