Choosing Injectors For Fg F6

TJS

• Member For: 12y 5m 16d

Hi gang,

Every tuner I have spoken to either prefers a particular injector or drills out your existing ones when they give it a custom tune.

Does it matter? Should I just let them do what they advise? Or, if I can get good injectors cheap, will I save on a tune? Or will the tuner say nah mate dont use them.

I am looking for a mild tune to get me close to 350rwkw - nothing wild. They all say they can do that with just a tune and injectors.

Is there a minimum flow rate I should be looking for to get 350? What are your experiences with your choice of injectors (or your tuner's choice as it may have been..)?

Cheers,

TJS

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d

For my money ID's all the way. But you need to find out what your tuner prefers and is comfortable tuning.

Also be aware that many reputable tuners (IE Mick from Pitlane) will want to flow test second hand injectors before fitting to ensure thet are a good set so this will add to the cost.

• Like 3

• Member For: 18y 6m 2d

Hi gang,

Every tuner I have spoken to either prefers a particular injector or drills out your existing ones when they give it a custom tune.

Does it matter? Should I just let them do what they advise? Or, if I can get good injectors cheap, will I save on a tune? Or will the tuner say nah mate dont use them.

I am looking for a mild tune to get me close to 350rwkw - nothing wild. They all say they can do that with just a tune and injectors.

Is there a minimum flow rate I should be looking for to get 350? What are your experiences with your choice of injectors (or your tuner's choice as it may have been..)?

Cheers,

TJS

KPM550cc / KPM1000cc / KPM2000cc

Availble online best pricing and delivered next day.

Guaranteed brand new match flowed +/- 1%

Full 100% Australia wide guarantee

http://www.kpmauto.com/tabid/223/CategoryID/17/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/232/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 8d

Bosch, Xspurt, ID's... same same... KPM's are priced very well... I'd go 1000cc to give you some head room if you want to push further. Still have great idle and economy..... These are the best injectors I have had in my car..

But, always best to go with what your tuner recommends... No point turning up with injectors they have never used before...

• Like 2

• Member For: 12y 5m 16d

Thanks guys,

Is there a conversion from lbs to cc? One sounds like pressure, the other volume ?? And does anyone know what are the std ones are equal to in these measurements?

Cheers,

TJS

• Like 1

• Member For: 18y 6m 2d

KPM recomendations for usable margins.

KPM550cc injectors up to 350fwkw form petrol and E85

KPM1000cc injectors up to 480fwkw for petrol and E85

KPM2000cc injectors up to 1000fwkw for petrol and E85

Idle quality on both injectors are perfect.

The applications are calculated on the following;

550cc Approx 480fwkw for the 4.0T engine

70-75% Duty Cycle for 98/95 Octane fuel

90% Duty Cycle for E85 Fuel

1000cc Approx 480fwkw for the 4.0T engine

70-75% Duty Cycle for 98/95 Octane fuel

90% Duty Cycle for E85 Fuel

2000cc Approx 1000fwkw for the 4.0T engine

75-80% Duty Cycle for 98.95 Octane Fuel

95% Duty Cycle for E85 Fuel

KPM can supply all scaling/characterisation data for every KPM Injector supplied. This removes any guess work and allows correct parameters to be input, to allow best tuning results.

Which of the three sizes do you recomend for max kw?

• Like 1