Fg Intercooler Upgrade

Davo1960

• Member For: 11y 6m 13d

Hi Guys, new to this forum so please take it easy on me!!

I have a2008 FG 6T , my first turbo and absolutely love it, however feel the need to do things. Having already had a stainless system fitted and a tune up at Willall Racing here in Adelaide, now looking at upgrading the intercooler and could do with some guidance.

I have seen a upgrade on ,dare I say it , ebay . Its a Autotechnica and suggest an increase of 20kw. What I would like to know is, has anyone used this intercoole?r, is it worth the mod,? can I expect an increase in power? will the car need retuning?

Thanks in advance for replys

Davo

• Member For: 20y 1m 15d

You will increase power with a re-tune. How much I don't know..nobody really know's how much better or worse I should say of a job that it will do in comparison to some of the bigger/expensive ones on the market. I've seen 2 or 3 people fit them on here but don't know results.

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

sigh

davo, look at the coolers from rapid systems, plazmaman or process west and even nizpro.

upgrade injectors and throw in a high flow cat while your at it mate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 3m 26d

Hi, please check below link for some information of XR6 FG HDi intercooler kit

fgpower.com

www.hdimenu.com

http://www2.hybrid-power.com/hdi_ic_spec/hdi-intercooler-specification.htm

Hi Guys, new to this forum so please take it easy on me!!

I have a2008 FG 6T , my first turbo and absolutely love it, however feel the need to do things. Having already had a stainless system fitted and a tune up at Willall Racing here in Adelaide, now looking at upgrading the intercooler and could do with some guidance.

I have seen a upgrade on ,dare I say it , ebay . Its a Autotechnica and suggest an increase of 20kw. What I would like to know is, has anyone used this intercoole?r, is it worth the mod,? can I expect an increase in power? will the car need retuning?

Thanks in advance for replys

Davo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

Most guys seem to say its alright to drive around with a new cooler without a tune but they recommend getting it checked first because the core is so much bigger the amount of boost trying to fill it as opposed to standard might not be enough and the car will feel laggier. Better to be safe than sorry but probably get a tune fairly soon after

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 6m 13d

Thanks for the replies guys, just an update.................................Finally decided to put it into Bruce Hienrichs here in Adelaide for an upgrade of intercooler together with upgrade of injectors, with the work already done I have been informed to expect 330 to 350 at the wheels . Will be more than happy with that , for now anyway , once agian thanks