Vin Tag Sticker Removal

• Enforcer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 18d

I'm Doing a full colour change re-paint on the Falcon, Does any one know how to get the vin tag stickers off without stuffing them?

I have also been told that I may be able to order replacement vin tags from Fords, can anyone confirm this.

Thanks.

Edited by lowfutura

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9d

You will ruin it if your try to peel it off.

Has to be masked unfortunately, get them to mask it while they put colour/base on it and then pull the masking off and clear over the top of it.

We have had insurance companies had to buy cars of customers as removal of the sticker deemed the car valueless in some people's eyes and most manufacturers won't make new ones. We have a draw with probably 20 plates in it at work just from putting sills and pillars on cars and them no longer being available.

Also went down the road of buying a sticker machine to make our own but it's a huge fine for a business to reproduce them. You may be able to though as a individual.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

It is a self voiding sticker, when you remove it it will leave half of it behind.

You can gt them re-issued by Ford, but it is a nightmare of a process and will probably take longer than you expect

• Enforcer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 18d

Thanks everyone, yes Senna as I found out from fords.

Queensland transport treat the car as a re-birth until it is proved otherwise... really not worth the hassle, so the Vin tags will be getting masked off.

cheers.