4In Intake Issues

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 6d

hey fellas, got my 4in intake today and ive hit a few snags...first up the battery relo tray doesnt quite fit due to the changes in air con lines for late FG & Mk 2 FG..second the power steering switch? seems to be right in the way of the intake pipe..not sure if its been changed from early FG or not..

heres the plug

BCD622A1-1915-413B-961F-CBC06D8F3512-4376-00000315E90AF817.jpg

any ideas?

Edited by JET-270

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 11y 8m 30d

These issues of late with different models is a joke,the manufacturers need to get on the ball a little quicker me thinks before taking peoples money,I still cant get an answer from 2 major places whether the 4" intake silicon pipe comes of the turbo is going to hit my power steer line(BA/BF turbo sit further forward) so I made my own.

If that's sitting where I think it is then its going to need some custom air con lines bent up and re-gass.

I cant believe Im asking this but can the line be pushed on a slowly bent out the way,shouldn't have to roll like this though on a new car.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 5d

These issues of late with different models is a joke,the manufacturers need to get on the ball a little quicker me thinks before taking peoples money

I cant believe Im asking this but can the line be pushed on a slowly bent out the way,shouldn't have to roll like this though on a new car.

Too right, these aren't cheap kits.

• Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 11y 8m 30d

I got a .7 front on my 35/40 fg it was very tight so I unplugged my power steering switch and bridged it...

So block off where switch was and then what do you do with the wires,join them together?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 11d

From memory yep that's what I did. Just unplugged and stuck a bit of wire from either side of the plug and taped it up. And also put a little tape on the other end on the reservoir so sh*t doesn't get in there....

Edited by Bonjaz