Ba New Clutch?

Mercury-BA

• Member For: 14y 11m 29d

Howdy Guys!

I have been living with one hell of a shuddering problem that comes from the ass end of my T5 packing 2003 BA XR6T when I am releasing the clutch. I changed the diff bush and had no real improvement. I have been driving with it for a few years now but I am finally in the place to spend a bit of money on her and fix her up.

I am pretty sure it is a clutch issue, and I have a sneaking suspision that the previous owner installed a new clutch (possibly some sort of a button clutch) that rather than feather, has the old on/off approach. So the shuddering would be coming from the buttons skipping across the fly wheel partially engaging. The shudder is only there when I am taking off but yeah, it can be quite violent if I dont time the release right. I know the old BA's have a bit of a problem with diff shudder but I am hoping to change the clutch and perhaps the fly wheel to alleviate this bastard of a problem.

Does this sound like a valid theory?

Anyone know of any good clutches for city driving that doesnt make my drive train suffer so badly?

Anywhere decent in Perth that actually knows how to work on a car?

Thanks for any input!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 4d

Sounds like a valid theory.

Malwood Clutch is your next and last clutch choice, its whats in my FG and its brilliant, holds heaps of power and cops abuse without giving you any grief, its as light and driveable if not easier than the factory setup but holds a shed load more power. Ring Mal or a distributor and get onto it, they are a good setup and not a bad price really.

• Member For: 17y 10m 28d

Being a 5 speed limits you to a option 1 or 2, the option 1 although not as strong as the 2, will be a better road clutch and last longer for normal wear and tear