5?rwkw Na->turbo Conversion

Trent0

• The Toxic Rocket
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 4d

Got the Ute up and running again last week. Clutch feels great, it drives beautifully (re-tuned it on 98 using PCMtec) making about 620rwhp (qld, sorry lol)

The dowelled crank/flywheel, done by TBRE. Not welded, has some crazy super heavy duty loctite on the threads. You can see where the ARP head of the bolt was having a roll around. Flywheel surface is g2g, gave it a good clean before fitting the clutch.
1015891956_flywheelresized.thumb.jpg.67c01d882b9a594472dd9bb4d352110e.jpg

I have a photo of the pitted cam lobe to upload as well, this site won't let me though (130kb max). It was one of TBRE's originals, it was a BLANK from FORD that was made to his stage 1 specs.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

looks like dowels are welded... or is that from an old setup?

for unlimited pic space, just use these instructions -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/92470-how-to-put-images-in-your-post/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • The Toxic Rocket
  • Donating Members

Last week I ordered a new tail shaft from GJ Drivelines. It's a Pro Series - $1890 for anyone curious.

Super simple to fit up - really nice looking bit of gear.

AacTcv.jpg

After fitting, it felt good to drive around. I noticed under acceleration for 50+ I'd get some not so great vibrations. I'd noticed lately that jamming it in lower gears the gear stick would move a considerable amount (with engine torque). Turns out my gearbox mounts were shagged. I was able to replace them for $50 and only took me 20mins to do!
JCCGXM.jpg

Thinking this solved my issues, I took another test drive. No luck. I'd noticed a clunk developed in the front end over the past week as well after driving on some rough roads the weekend prior, I put it down to a flogged out bush. After having a hunch and checking the engine mounts, I'd discovered I had a missing mount nut 😕 Still trying to source something that fits.

wVaot4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• The Toxic Rocket
  • Donating Members

I've just got a new one for it but still ahve vibrations under acceleration/load. Any suggestions? *Feels* like it's coming from the rear. Either hard acceleration or foot+brake it starts up. Cruising at 100, nadda.