E85 Pros/cons

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 1d

Sounds like she's good to go then. Take it to your preferred tuner and see what they recommend to upgrade. Might just be a cooler and high flow cat to get you over the line.

Edited by rbjet

• Member For: 12y 4m 24d

Yeh it has a high flow cat my bad the rest of the exhaust is standard though...if I want to make it reliable do I need xr6T axles too or just the diff itself?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 21d

Yes this car has high flow cat and dump pipe with 42lb injectors and a tune that he was told its around 270 I think??? Previous owner had nizpro's stage 2 kit om it as well but took it off and sold it. Sooooo the whole car HAD cooler, plenum and cold air intake with battery relo, injectors, high flow cat and dump pipe and had 290rwk And the main reason that was is because of DIFF and possible Trans cause we dont know wats actually been done to it. The engine with those mods could of easy make a nice 300 BUT there is no point of pushing it and start breaking thing that he has no money to replace them with.

If u ask me he needs cooler kit and some sort of cold air intuction and a retune and I reckon he will be happy with that, NO e85 till u get diff but lol

And jetsnot dont be hating mate he still drives a ford with a phoon engine in it who care's if its not an original fpv. Its a nice clean car in person and has all the goodies eg brembo's interior and what not looks the goods. And he got it for dirt cheap!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 6d

Yea definitely work on getting a cooler and exhaust added to your mods, have it tuned and see if your happy or not. Because with 42lb injectors they're gonna have to be replaced for sure with E85, plus surge etc and by the sounds of it the diff and axles too. So getting it to about 300 on 98 will be relatively easy but going e85 and bigger power will prob cost a bit of coin.

All depends on your goal mate