E85 Pros/cons

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 4d

IMHO leave it how it is already. You're going to pay $2000-$2500 for a surge, injectors and tune if you go back to the original tuner.

That's if they wan't to work on it knowing the diff is primed to blow.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

rbjet is right! Whats your current mods because you should be over 300 with that much boost.

Also if your set up isn't right your looking at new injectors, surge and 044 and retune as mentioned and then you have to buy the stuff at the pump.

Plus Im not sure if the BA phoon bottom end was crap like the turbo so that could make a difference searchiing for more power. Maybe post up all the parts you converted and what mods got you to where you are and someone can tell you whether e85 is your next option or whether your better off spending money on other mods

• Member For: 12y 3m 28d

I dont know the exacts of the process underwent as I bought it like this but in terms of upgrades the engine is original typhoon with bout 50,000kms, brembo brake upgrade, typhoon suspension and bushes, apparently the turbo has been built (no proof of this though), has 45lb injectors I think lol in terms of mods I think that's it..the exhaust is holdin it back along with cooler..I dont no the power figure as I havnt dynod it but im keen to find out

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 5d

Well that'd be the 1st thing to do. Stick it on a dyno and see how it's running.

The injectors should be fine but you'd get very decent gains out of a high flow cat if you don't have one. Seems like you do by the power figure though.

A bigger cooler should get you over the 300 mark as will a bigger exhaust. I'm sure you'll be fairly pleased with the power once you do these with a new tune.