Car Not Starting After Battery Disconnect

xrjimmy

• Member For: 11y 8m 24d

yeah I tried that finney I have the ford flash 1 box at the moment and it didnt even register the ignition being turned on to load the tune... when there is light tomorrow ill try the radio/icc fuse if not ill have to fork out moola for a tow to my mechanics I guess... the thing that gets me is that it doesnt start, doesnt even crank over

• Me
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 25d

and if I cant get + - right I dont think I should be looking at battery relocate and air box install on my own yeah? haha but cheers anyways bud :)

Sorry Ive had a few tonight :sungum: I think the code has to come from the PCM memory to the ICC. If that has a hiccup the car may not start. disconnect/reconnect battery and leave it for a while.

Edited by davidald

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 17d

How about another battery - try a mate's that's known good. Maybe enough juice to start ICC electronics and other dash indicators but not enough to crank it over as need lotsa Amps to crank?

Clean contacts on battery leads of corrosion build up - might look clean to you but I've had to use a flat head screw driver to scratch til I see shiny copper on the connector leads to make a good electrical connection.

Maybe starter stuffed up coincidently if you can't hear it crank over?

Hope you get it resolved okay :beerchug:

• Member For: 11y 8m 24d

Haha nice one :-) yeah I tried cleaning.the terminals up and that, haven't tried another battery I should give that a go even though I had the battery out for like 20 mins or so and it has been starting normal speed before hand but you never knowknow

Cheers for the ideas guys

• 7 years later...