6 Speed Zf Transmission Possibly Blown At 100Kmh.... What To Do Now?

Lime Turbo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 27d

Hello again people :)

(sorry for the multiple question's, but my heads buzzing)

So this time I have a grumble, I was driving to work yesterday in tip-tronic (for fun), I drove down the off-ramp onto the freeway in 3rd gear, as I shift to 4th it literally went bang (more like a huge clunk)......and I rolled to the emergency lane, and that's where it stayed. I'm not going to lie to you, I shifted from 3rd to 4th @ 100kmh....so nothing I haven't done before.

So my question is this, does anybody know...or can give me any tips to narrow the problem down:

I can get in the car as we speak, it turns on, idles correctly, turbo is fine, engine is fine, gauges and electronics.....everything is working, except the Speedo does not move (Obviously). When I put the transmission into park, reverse, drive, sports or tip-tronic.....it doesn't make a sound, it doesn't clunk.....it literally does nothing.....I can just move the gearstick around.... So what are my chances? Transmission critically dead..stripped spines, or something like oil pump? has anybody else had drama with a zf gearbox @130,000km?

My Options:

1. Get it diagnosed first..,.

2. Buy a new transmission? Has anybody had any contact with "RVO Transmission" as they build a 400kw ZF 6 speed, with custom high stall converter for $3000 delivered to your door. Or a 800hp 4L60E's 6 speed manualized auto with custom high-stall for $5000 delivered?

3. Get a re-build, I live in Rockingham and to be honest I don't know where there is a good place to rebuild-ZF Gearboxes, and I would want it beefed up a bit to last.

Here's what I've done to the car:

Late 2006 BF MKII XR6 Turbo :)

- NizPro 1000hp Intercooler (3 Inch offset cold side & 2.5" Hot side)

- 4 inch dump pipe, to 3 inch into twin 2.5" tips exhaust system

- Airbox & Intake Kit - K&N filter - 4inch inlet, 6inch body

- Walbro 300lt-ph In-Tank Fuel Pump

- Braided Turbo oil feed line with High flow inline filter

- Drilled Injectors (Waiting on 80lb deka in the post)

- Stock Actuator (Waiting on 12psi actuator in the post)

Currently running @ 316kw Rear Wheel (424rwhp) (was running more but injectors & actuator at their limits)

And lastly a question that I will probably get bashed for ;):

After I fix the transmission I want to get at least 370kw with my setup, I can't understand why I cant pull these figures? Will a surge tank and a Plazmaman plenum chamber get me these results, along with the 840cc injectors and 12psi actuator that are coming? I'm running out of ideas ha-ha. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks allot for helping me out, if it wasn't for this forum id get no-where.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 27d

Just to clear a few things up, the engine is running perfectly, the prop shaft has no movemant what so ever, which makes me think it cant be anything to do with the diff. And the gearbox has no drive, or no knock....almost like theres no input to the gearbox and no output.......its just a piece of metal at the moment between the engine and the wheels haha.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 1d

Just to clear a few things up, the engine is running perfectly, the prop shaft has no movemant what so ever, which makes me think it cant be anything to do with the diff. And the gearbox has no drive, or no knock....almost like theres no input to the gearbox and no output.......its just a piece of metal at the moment between the engine and the wheels haha.

shaft

probably input shaft though

Rebuild time

Edited by Paulie2256