Ba Xr6 Turbo Will Not Start

ridzilla

• Member For: 11y 7m 12d

hey every,

I'm Jack and I have a 2003 BA XR6 Turbo with a 2006 BF turbo motor, I was on fordforums.com but my mate Dave sent me across saying you're all much helpful!

Bascially I went out this morning to go to work and when I turned to key to start my car it won't turn over, fire or really do anything. I just has one click then dead silence. But when the ignition is one and I depress the accelerator there is a rattling/loose noise coming from the throttle body near the intake.

The battery has 12.42V and all leads seem tight and connected properly.

Does anyone have any advice or fixes on this problem or can link me to another thread?

P.S expect me around here alot, I've had nothing but trouble with this paerticular car :(

Thanks again!

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Batteries cactus. Put the voltmeter on it and try and crank the car. The voltage will drop to nothing. The buzzing from the TB is just the ETC trying to do its start up cycle

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Yep - sounds like flat battery.

Also tight connections on battery terminals mean piss all if there is heavy oxide on the inside of the connectors on the battery fly leads. Use a screw driver to scape the connectors on the fly leads and the actual battery terminals to expose bare metal. Them do em up tight. Try this before trying a new battery.

Also - swap out ya battery for your mates to test if it is ya battery.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

• Member For: 17y 8m 11d

My BF Falcon had starting issues with a half dead battery, but it just made a really loud ticking/clunking noise as the starter can't turn over properly. After going through a battery every year, one morning it just would not start. All I could hear was the starter relay clicking faintly. Ended up being a cactus starter motor. Had it towed and replaced. Now it starts like new and I realised how bad its been the last 2 years... First things you check are battery voltage when cranking, ground connections, and then the starter motor. Give the starter motor a whack with something while someone tries to start it and sometimes you can get some life out of it (so you know for sure its the starter).