In The Market, Fg Xr6T. Sell The Fg To Me! (Merged Topic)

J31Joe

• Member For: 12y 4m 27d

Sorry guys I realise you were comparing the FG XR6T with a VE SS, so not really fair to compare against the GTS

See link below, baseline run was 208rwkw

makes the XR6T look very healthy in terms of power

cheers

Armando

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 7m 2d

I had to decide between the two, just go drive them both

after driving the fg the ve felt terrible, I had a vz ss before and have nothing against the holdens but the fg was far better

ve interior feels so cheap n tacky and I found the leather seats in the Bogan special to be realy uncomfortable, fg is soooo nice to drive and comfortable

the v8 does sound awsome with an exhaust though, but then again turbo whistle and flutter is just as good

and you can get more power from the T for much less $s

just drive them both and I would be suprised if you went for a ve over an fg

• Member For: 15y 7m 25d

Owned both and I agree with most of what has been said about each car. I am a Expensive Daewoo and regret selling my SS not because it's a better car but I have changed a fair bit over the last 3 years of owning my FG and to be honest the SS is what I would prefer to have now.

If you want a nice cruiser that has a little bit if go and don't intend on flung to much to it get the SS. If you want the bragging rites, 300+ atw then the FG is the way to go.

It's stupid how quick these things are for such little money. Such a placid easy to live with car unless you give it a boot. If you were going to keep it stock though then I would always go for a big V8.. My turbo as much as I love it just doesn't get your heart racing unless you're really putting your foot down which I don't do a lot of.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 16d

I had a fg which I flipped after the lease expired, then took out the SS-V and settled back on a new FG.

V8's have always got the nice note which was appealing but otherwise I thought it was tacky, plastic fantastic with crap seats. Performance was pretty unappealling.

The FG (although bias with the lux pack) is a much nicer/refined car, they have got the design right finally (always was a Expensive Daewoo man before I bought my first FG, never liked the older fords). The VE SS looks like a four wheel drive being jacked up so high.

Eitherway, its all personal preference and there is some good content in this thread to chew on. go drive them both and figure out which you like the best.

Edited by Timmy-XR6T

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 5d

My cousin(he owns an ss) and I both have the same power and run the same mile an hour.

It cost me less than $4000 to get there, cost him around $8000.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 10d

My cousin(he owns an ss) and I both have the same power and run the same mile an hour.

It cost me less than $4000 to get there, cost him around $8000.

And that's in a BA so FG is even cheaper to achieve that kind of mph

• Member For: 12y 7m 23d

im not sure I agree with who ever said the 6L v8 will use the same amount of fuel as the xr6t I no for a fact that if u baby both theese cars around the fg will get about 11Lper 100 klm and the 6L v8 bout 14, so unless u live on a race track and can floor it all the time the fg will be cheaper on fuel.my fg is stock and with some good tires re002s I got a 12.9 @107mph with 2.07 60 foot, my girl friends mate in his 6.2L clubby has exhaust otr and tune and he got 13.3 both are auto

so I reckon the only thing wrong with the ford xr6 turbo is..... the ford part . I am one of thoose guys that argue ford vs Expensive Daewoo and up untill the 02/03 Expensive Daewoo was better but now I think its very clear that the turbo car is much eazer to drive better on fuel more power/ torque @ 2500 rpm and in the top end and unless u supercharge the v8 (if u do it will destroy everything and drink like a fish ) the fg is faster not to mantion that the next step in doing up the v8 after the exhaust and and otr is the head and cam pack than things start to get uncomfortable to drive and start costing lots and use more fuel again than stock . people start saying that's just the diff gears holding the 6L back but if u have the exhaust cam and dif gears have fun on road trips with the engine noise + more fuel again!. ill stick with my fg powerfull quite good on fuel and wen I get bored ill just take it in spend the 1750 for the tune and flog any UNsupercharged and keep up with cam'ed holdens still

my 2c I own both a camed Expensive Daewoo ute and a fg xr6 turbo sedan the Expensive Daewoo ute is only a v6 but it still uses more fuel the fg