In The Market, Fg Xr6T. Sell The Fg To Me! (Merged Topic)

J31Joe

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 8d

Nah, not as high as $55k but without a discount, $50k is the normal drive-away price you'll be given by a dealer. Just like a G6ET, I was told the "drive-away" price was $62,XXX but without even asking they gave me a 'discount' to $55,750. So previously the XR6T would be the same, $50k advertised, do you a 'deal' to $43-44k and then negotiate to $40k if you were good. Now they just give it to you for $40k.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 7d

Bought my original 2010 xr50 sedan auto for $45k D/A in aug 2010, sold it last Oct for $37k unreg to a guy in canberra and just picking up a 2010 xr50 ute for $27k D/A. all in all not too bad.

Couldnt really give a f*ck about resale, I love these cars and wouldnt buy anything else so thought I better get in before they start getting collectable. As for a H*lden..............yeah I'm not that desperate, hate there interiors.......Ford all the way :icon_ford: . Now a Mustang ......... :1luvu:

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 10m 1d

Today I test drove a VE GTS with Walkinshaw exhaust, intake and a camshaft upgrade, highstall converter and shorter diff gears, as I was considering selling my FG to get something faster and more responsive.

The thing was ridiculously slow, could not even feel the car pulling even with all those mods, would just rumble and make noise and go nowhere, not sure if they are all like that but not really inspiring to drive. The Autobox was very lazy to shift into the correct gear, the car felt like it didn't know what it was doing half the time.

Edited by Z2TT
  • Like 2

• Member For: 10y 5m 19d

Guys,

I intially went in to buy myself a VF SV6......dealer wanted $39 on road - and when he refused to haggle, his response was 'mate I have a 3 month wait - take it or leave it'......I didnt even enquire about the SS price......so of to Ford I went......long story short - I placed an order on a brand spanker XR6T......only 4 days to wait.....Im getting the shakes!

Ford showroom was like a morgue with tumbleweeds rolling through...dealer threw a $14k discount plus options at me (with me doing some pricing homework at 7 or so dealers prior to really leverage a good deal)......

I reckon price was just to good to refuse.....brand new (demo with 16km on the clock) FG II XR6 turbo, mars red, although not luxo pack, it has leather, alloy spare, tinted windows, full tank of fuel, 5 year warranty, 2 year roadside assists and free 10km service.....all on road for $38.5K.....I was pretty stoked with this prices.....oh I just cant wait!....he even said - tell your mates and if they purchase I fling you a $150 finders fee!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 6d

my baby is up for sale, time to get a BA so I can purchase my first house, then hopefully another fg!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ford-Falcon-Ute-2010/SSE-AD-2600827/?Cr=6&sdmvc=1

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 12d

I spoke to a dealer today, I would get a 10k trade in on my 06 xr6t with 83,000km on it, making it a 28k changeover figure for a 2013 xr6t no leather.

that was without seeing my car and he said "are those numbers ok? send me some pics of your car etc" sounded very keen to move his stock.

• 1 month later...
  • billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 6d

Mines still for sale, 2010 in mystic , manual, 75000km 300rwkw, few other mods, 23k